If you considered the A119v3....

4K daytime resolution is amazing + rear cam, however, I have found out how useful it is only after I installed it and saw the footage, I did not choose the Pro for the dual channel originally. On the other side is Wi-Fi, I though I would be using it a lot more than I am now, it is useful, but not absolutely necessary.

On the flip side I wish the V3 had WiFi so you could check/see the clips. A few days ago my son got stopped by the police for what they called aggressive driving and that he was beeping his horn at a cyclist. My son said they must be mistaken and they he had a dashcam and that they were welcome to take a look. Showed them the clip and it turned out to be the car behind him that was flashing it’s lights and beeping their horn. The police said they were mistaken and left but without WiFi to instantly review the clip I suspect it would have been a case of his word against theirs.

...but without WiFi to instantly review the clip I suspect it would have been a case of his word against theirs.
Same thing could be accomplished with an OTG card reader - WiFi is not necessary to view the card contents.

Same thing could be accomplished with an OTG card reader - WiFi is not necessary to view the card contents.

I have an iPhone so am not sure it’s as easy as that.

I have an iPhone so am not sure it’s as easy as that.
Sorry about that, I tend to assume that everyone has a modern phone with basic capabilities. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, if your phone can't support an OTG reader then you are definitely limited.

My old G1W-C almost came in handy a few years ago when a car ran a stop sign and I T-boned him. (no injuries). I mentioned the dash cam footage to the cop and he made note of it but said it wasn't necessary since the other driver confessed to running the stop sign.

In that regard, can't you play the file on the screen of the dash cam? I assume the wifi connection to the phone is simply a convenience vs climbing in your vehicle to view the file on the dash cam.

Otherwise, are the control inputs and control keys similar enough to not be a factor? How about notification if recording stops for some reason? Do both let you know of that event?

I only have the YT videos to compare and not sure if I'm really seeing that much difference in PQ between the A129 Pro and the A119v3, but realize that could be a limitation of the medium, so it may not be a fair comparison.

FYI you can use your phones LTE network to connect via wifi to your dashcam and liveview/review/save clips. You don't need actual "home wifi".

Back