If you want to slow down in only one place, make it school zone...

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Because there is no mercy shown by the cop for going over speed limit and double the fines plus double the points in your license...
40mph zone, I was at around 46 until I saw the flashing 20mph school zone light.
I reduced speed to around 24 and then saw traffic light ahead switching to orange so slowed down even further.
A motorcycle cop on the right checked me with the speed gun.
I'd have been in compromising speed if the light was green if the cop was in bad mood even if it was only few miles over the speed limit.
Anywho, I moved on green and he checked another car behind me @ 00:46 that didn't slow down after seeing the flashing signal or probably missed it due to the trees and bad luck for that car.
That car did slow down but too late.
The cop immediately walked towards his bike and was after the car @ 1:00.
At 1:15, you can see the cop flashing his lights for that car...
Lucky it wasn't me so slow down in school zones.

Dashcam: Lukas LK-9390, Front 00:00-00:35 secs, Rear 00:36-1:22.

Last edited:
https://store.valentine1.com/store/

Time to pick up a Valentine 1 radar/laser detector. There are no resellers and you have to buy factory direct. This thing has paid for itself 10x over at least for me.

20015_closeup.png

https://store.valentine1.com/store/

Time to pick up a Valentine 1 radar/laser detector. There are no resellers and you have to buy factory direct. This thing has paid for itself 10x over at least for me.

20015_closeup.png
I used to have an el cheapo $50 Cobra or something similar 15 years ago.
It used to beep but not sure if it detected all the frequencies.
I don't usually drive too fast.
My own limit is 10mph over the speed limit and I've seen many cops ignore that much unless it's school zone or similar warning areas.

I found that once I had a kid in school, I became much more aware of school zones.

It's sad how many people I see speeding through school zones... by drivers who either JUST LEFT or are on their way TO the school to pick up/drop off their kids.

Shouldn't need radar detector. I usually keep myself to within 5 unless I'm surrounded by lead foots on freeway (especially I-75 around Flint and Saginaw, it's like minimum 80 or you're holding up traffic)

I have seen many speed cops and they have targeted me but it had been oh about 20 years since I was pulled for speeding.

That seems like a poor choice of location by cop to do a speed check. Surely he would catch more speeders if he positioned himself 200 yards before the traffic lights.

That seems like a poor choice of location by cop to do a speed check. Surely he would catch more speeders if he positioned himself 200 yards before the traffic lights.
but then he wouldn't be as hidden... if people can see him, they'll slow down.

which is why they park dummy cars with literal dummies inside (mannequins!) to make people slow down (at least till they figure out it's a ruse)

Back