I'm getting this for christmas, got some questions

Jurassitol

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering what settings you guys use, and what size SD card. Also how much power it pulls, since I have a jumpstarter batteru pack that holds a charge for 18Ahours and if that is fine for leaving this plugged in while I'm parked.

Is motion detection great for park mode? I need this because I have a brand new truck that has been dinged hard twice. I cannot wait until I call the police on the next person who hit and runs.

Also any newbie tips would be appreciated immensely.

Welcome Jurassitol.
This series can hold up to 128GB Memory.

I use a 64gb Sandisk Endurance card. Mainly because they're designed with DashCams in mind so can sustain high constant writes.

But any decent SD card will be fine. They might fail slightly earlier that's all.

No idea about your charger.

Motion Detection is too sensitive. Leaves in the wind will set it off. So for parking mode I have the motion detection turned off and the g sensor turned up.

Revert to firmware V1.009 when you get it. This is what I did. The cloud feature is a nice idea but is a bit buggy at the moment. There is a V2.001 firmware out but I haven't tried that just yet.

I use a 64gb Sandisk Endurance card. Mainly because they're designed with DashCams in mind so can sustain high constant writes.

But any decent SD card will be fine. They might fail slightly earlier that's all.

No idea about your charger.

Motion Detection is too sensitive. Leaves in the wind will set it off. So for parking mode I have the motion detection turned off and the g sensor turned up.

Revert to firmware V1.009 when you get it. This is what I did. The cloud feature is a nice idea but is a bit buggy at the moment. There is a V2.001 firmware out but I haven't tried that just yet.
Have you tested the Gsensor? Like shoving your car etc? I too would have a problem with the camera constantly running. As my vehicle is pointed at the neigborhood road.

Yes. G sensor works well.

Would something like the car being keyed set off the vehicle? Someone in my neighborhood has a body shop, and offers great prices, but I'm starting to get paranoid that he or someone he pays goes around keying cars and things. This just has been happening too much. Can anyone post examples of small things setting off the G sensor. Also I live in the US, and who is best vendor for this cam? I've been in conctact with blackboxmycar, and thats it.

I doubt keying the car would set it off. Not trying either :p. Sounds like you'd need to leave the motion on.

I live in the UK so can't comment on who the best vendor would be.

Someone "keying" your car is going to be along side, unless you have motion detection on he (she?) will not be caught on your camera. Even if your camera sees them approaching how do you prove it was them? Could easily be argued that they.. were just passing by. If.. you seriously want to catch someone damaging your car a dash cam is not the tool to use.

If.. you seriously want to catch someone damaging your car a dash cam is not the tool to use.

Yes and No. If able to follow Singapore move by giving incentive to dash cam user, yes dash cam can be on of the tool. Look what happen in Bedok Singapore. If the you have a dash cam installed in the car in front of yours, his cam can be evidence. So do yours for the car in front and back of you.

If individually, Raplh2 is correct. Dash Cam is not the tool. Cheers...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 1
Back