I'm not enjoying this piece of ..... won't record in car

Claudine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, so setting up the Street Guardian took a while, but at least I can get it to record when I turn my car on and am enjoying it (although I'm either going to have to get off of thirds or find a polarized filter so my traffic lights are separated (left turn arrow vs green).

Anyway, to the Mobius. I can get it to record when not connected to my PC. However, when I have it plugged into my car via usb/cigarette lighter attachment it won't record. I have it set up to record when powered on or manually powered, yet it fails in the car. My patience is wearing thin (not that I had much to begin with).

To add insult to injury, the damn suction cup is horrible. I'm lucky if it sticks for 1 minute. So I'm going to have to come up with guessing at best angel in the back window, as it's not like I can see the picture before sticking camera in place.

Any thoughts as to why it won't record upon car starting???? And any suggestions on manual set up for night driving since I have to reformat anytime I want to change a setting.
I tried searching the Mobius thread on this forum, but didn't find anything.

Thanks,

Claudine

If you get the mobius generally level, and near the top of the glass, you'll be ok.
Clean the glass well, and leave the suction cup slightly damp when you apply it.
The mobius is light, you shouldn't have any problems. You are using whatever tension lever is on the mount?
What kind of car do you have? Is it diesel powered?

The mobius is not the most user friendly cam, but the fumbling period is somewhat short. :)

Try another cable or charger

Last edited:
Does the Mobius LEDs blink when you start your car? If yes, then cable and adaptor is OK. Fault must be in settings. I set mine to both. External and battery. Default, mode 1.

Are you using an USB extension with a repeater? Those types of cables will confuse the Mobius into thinking it's plugged into a computer and make it enter Flash-Drive mode.

Back