Im totally desperate

Gustra

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
dear all,

Im so desperate with my yi camera.an hours a ago im trying to upgrade the firmware from 1.0 to 1.0.9

I download the firmware from yi official website and then format my 16gb sdcard to fat32 and then rename the file into firmware.bin
I inserted the sdcard and turn on the camera. Its beeping only 1-2 second,And then record,sd and the bottom light isnt blinking at all. I waited arround 10minutes but nothingn happen. 20minutes still no any good sign. And then i unplug the battery, and try to use the restore procedure with the 1.0 firmware and ash file. But no luck..

Please someone help me...
I will appreciate all the help to revive my yi.

Thank you very much...

Did you format the card with your computer/laptop or with the Yi cam itself?
The Yi can not handle the default blocksize that Windows will use when formating fat32, so please make sure that you format the sd card via Yi cam.

Did you format the card with your computer/laptop or with the Yi cam itself?
The Yi can not handle the default blocksize that Windows will use when formating fat32, so please make sure that you format the sd card via Yi cam.

Dear morpheus,

Yes unfortunatelly i did format the card on the pc, so is there any way that i could revive my yi?
Thank you for your help

Your cam should be fine. If you press the record button, you might see the red lights flashing 2-3 times fast and short, which simply means that the cam can not access/write to the sd card.
Try to format the microSD card again but choose the smallest block-size that's available for fat32. Or format the card in the camera via WiFi + Smartphone App.

Your cam should be fine. If you press the record button, you might see the red lights flashing 2-3 times fast and short, which simply means that the cam can not access/write to the sd card.
Try to format the microSD card again but choose the smallest block-size that's available for fat32. Or format the card in the camera via WiFi + Smartphone App.[/

Dear Morpheus,

How do exactly choose the smallest block size for the card on the pc? Would you tell how to do it.
To connect to a phone, i doubt it could be done altough im not trying it yet remembering the wifi led isnt active at all.
Thank you very much with your help sir.

When you put the microSD card in your computer/card reader, right-click on the card, format and then choose fat32 with smallest allocation unit size (I think its 32kb).
formatfat32jlujb.png

When you put the microSD card in your computer/card reader, right-click on the card, format and then choose fat32 with smallest allocation unit size (I think its 32kb).
formatfat32jlujb.png

Dear, Morpheus

I've try to format the card like your instruction but no luck :((
I've notice even without the card on it, when turn on the camera.. The red led still on. What step do you think i could try again. Thank you very much sir

Dear, Morpheus

I've try to format the card like your instruction but no luck :((
I've notice even without the card on it, when turn on the camera.. The red led still on. What step do you think i could try again. Thank you very much sir
Gustra is it the front LED red? If so you need to fully charge your battery first before trying firmware update or it will fail.

Gustra is it the front LED red? If so you need to fully charge your battery first before trying firmware update or it will fail.
the best way is to do it with usb cable connected. then you know you will not loose power.

Dear Morpheus,

Yes, i fully charged my cam when doing the upgrade. Right know should i try to upgrade the firmware again? Its seem the cam doesnt detect any card on it.
I've done the format with the smallest block like what you said also.
Thank you sir

the best way is to do it with usb cable connected. then you know you will not loose power.
Yes yesterday i've fully charge my yi before upgrade. Is there any way to revive the yi? Thank you anndybo

Why not update SW by its APP? It is much simple now!
and just make sure your cellphone and your Yi camera battery status enough!

Why not update SW by its APP? It is much simple now!
and just make sure your cellphone and your Yi camera battery status enough!

Dear EStore009,

unfortunately im using ios device, and i was update my firmware when the yi official apps was not in english yet, i was no clue and i've heard there is a lot problem arise when using the OTA update.
do you have any solution for my problem? thank you for your kind help.

@Gustra : pas update itu nyolok usb ga??
I'm really scared of updating Yi firmware right now..

Just one tip for you:
Make sure your cellphone and camera battery enough when SW update,or else,its APP can not make this update!
And there is one led indicator for battery status,its led light should to be Blue!

Just one tip for you:
Make sure your cellphone and camera battery enough when SW update,or else,its APP can not make this update!
And there is one led indicator for battery status,its led light should to be Blue!
What is the safer way
updating via apps?? Or manual way??

personally speaking,it is simple way via APP;

If your app remind you this chinese words for first time,it means that you need to update its SW;

相机固件更新
当前相机固件版本过低,请更新。在系统
设匿中连接其他Wi-Fi网络后,固件包会
自动下载,您也可以在首页-设置-固件版本
中手动下载或査看下载进度。

It saying that your cam firmware version is currently too low, please update. and please sure your camera and cellphone has enough battery to support updating!
After connecting to your local Wi-Fi network,this newest firmware will automatically download the package to your cellphone,after its SW download 100%,you can connect it to your camera again via wifi,and it will sync your camera within next few mins automatically!
Also,you can check its firmware version in its setting menu!

What is the safer way
updating via apps?? Or manual way??
We post one new thread for you,and you can check more details when SW update,and wish it can help you!

Back