Image quality in LS300W/LS400W/LS430

jackcb

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is there a massive difference in image quality between the LS430 and the LS300W/LS400W?

I've seen the video...

I guess what I'm asking is - do you think the trade-off for having a GPS in the LS430 is worth the decline in image quality that you would have in the LS300W/LS400W (without GPS)?

Also, would this be a reputable seller for the LS430? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Orig ... 81492.html

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ls430 dont have wdr.

Personally I prefer better video quality over GPS capability.

I ordered the LS430, I think having an accelerometer will be beneficial - plus the image quality is quite good from what I saw.

I bought it from Shenzhen Hongfa: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Orig ... 81492.html

Will post a pictures of the product when received and review the service (as there were no reviews off this seller outside Aliexpress).

DashCamMan said:
Personally I prefer better video quality over GPS capability.

the LS430 uses TS file format which limits you to their buggy playback software as well

TS files can be viewed via VLC media player. Software did look a little buggy though.

jackcb said:
TS files can be viewed via VLC media player. Software looked a little buggy - but not too bad.

Viewing the movie files is no problem, plenty of options, viewing the files with the associated GPS info though is what's very limited

Re: Odp: Image quality in LS300W/LS400W/LS430

I have LS430. Image from ls300w is much better. Firmware is little bit buggy and I don't believe in some updates. Often when I goes over 150km/h it shows speed 0; sometimes after restart screen stays black and don't star recording, emergency button don't work then restart help. Overall score is quite good, image is enough for me bit if they eliminate this bugs from software it will be nice camera. Anyone heard about new firmware for this model ?

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9300 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

GeorgesNJR said:
ls430 dont have wdr.
I just use manual override with lighting on unit it is a downfall for such a good camera overall.

DoD Player gives good enought graph for insurance claims!

Plus GPS give's insurance a easy to see graph that will speed up claims.

I also use GPS for work reason's so cuts out the need for a gps plotter.

I personally "think" that these Chinese cams are one cut above ............. junk. Way to many problems, buggy soft ware,lousy user manuals, over heating, updates that no one can get, on and on ! Spend your yankee dollars and the speeds are not MPH but KPH, not really for the US market !

Just my 2 cents

GuidoFL said:
I personally "think" that these Chinese cams are one cut above ............. junk. Way to many problems, buggy soft ware,lousy user manuals, over heating, updates that no one can get, on and on ! Spend your yankee dollars and the speeds are not MPH but KPH, not really for the US market !

Just my 2 cents

you can buy good or bad regardless of country of origin

I had both and I like LS300W better as for me getting that GPS signal was way too long, like from 5 to 10 min sometime... For short trips it doesn't make any sense... Maybe I had faulty unit but I decided to try LS300W, like it so far. Had a problem accepting Sandisk 32GB card but updated firmware fix that issue.

Ok I have a question concerning ls400W image quality, the thing is that it's almost impossible to read plate numbers, I've read many good opinions about this dashcam and I'm thinking about returning it, but first I'm asking for second opinions, here is the movie:

Firmware: LS400W 1311030EN10E00

So you think i should return or am i just expecting too much from this cam?

Thank you for your replies.

Ok I have a question concerning ls400W image quality, the thing is that it's almost impossible to read plate numbers, I've read many good opinions about this dashcam and I'm thinking about returning it, but first I'm asking for second opinions, here is the movie:

Firmware: LS400W 1311030EN10E00

So you think i should return or am i just expecting too much from this cam?

Thank you for your replies.

Even high-end 300usd dashcams will not read numberplates in most cases on the go from upvoming traffic high speed, especially at night. There are many factors that affect reading numberplates: car speed, weather, surrounding light, car bulbs used, numberplates light reflection at night etc.

I wrote about hid / xenon / light reflections here

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/reading-license-plates-at-night-hid-xenon-standard-bulbs.1444/

Only specially made speed cameras can read numberplates in almost all weather conditions. They have ultra-advanced technolody with much higher Fps / bit-rate etc, but each camera cost fortune ( 3-5k ).

You can not compare 150 or 300 usd dash cams with 3-5K ones ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DOD LS300 2
Back