Impatient Driver

Yooshaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2x Mobius, 2 x SG9665GC, 2 x A119S, 2 x A119V3
While waiting for a left turn signal, an impatient driver (white SUV), decides to cut through the post office parking lot to skip the light. Too bad she (could see it was a female as I passed her) didn't wait two more seconds, as the light turned green. Then, she sticks her nose out in the oncoming lane, and decides it's best to proceed in the opposite lane to join traffic.

Haha back in the line with you ( dumbass )
Next time try to leave home in good time mam :rolleyes:

Ha, you captured what I said in the car perfectly. As I rounded the corner, I cheered, and said dumbass as I passed her. lol

In fact, cutting through a parking lot like she did to bypass the lights is illegal in most states. Then to add insult to injury, she crossed double yellow lines to get back in line.

Perhaps your local PD would be interested in viewing your video of her antics. :D

Last edited:
Not worth bothering the police over this, rather they stay focused on more important matters. Don't think I can read her license plate anyway. There's enough mini-justice here where she got put further back in line anyway. :)

Smooth move, very smooth. :rolleyes:

That's kinda illegal but not enforced as such.
It's enforced more where there is active business like gas stations.
One of my friends was ticketed when he went through a gas station instead of making right turn at the light that has a long backup on red.
The cop regularly parks behind the gas station for impatient drivers who cut through the gas station. :D

That's kinda illegal but not enforced as such..... :D

More than 'kinda' - it's "using private/public property to avoid a traffic control device" and I'm pretty sure it's not legal anywhere in the country.

I usually go out for breakfast a couple times a week. The restaurant is located in a shopping area at a busy intersection with a light, and a lot of people use it for the same purpose as your friend. More than once there was a LEO in the parking lot ready to pull me over and ticket me until he realizes where I'm going.

More than 'kinda' - it's "using private/public property to avoid a traffic control device" and I'm pretty sure it's not legal anywhere in the country.

I usually go out for breakfast a couple times a week. The restaurant is located in a shopping area at a busy intersection with a light, and a lot of people use it for the same purpose as your friend. More than once there was a LEO in the parking lot ready to pull me over and ticket me until he realizes where I'm going.
Kinda because it's public. If it's private, it'll be trespassing.

Another friend got away in similar situation saying that he pulled in the gas station to fill up but then realized price was higher than other places so he didn't stop there.
It was the truth and the officer checked his tank that was almost empty.
I can turn in a gas station or a strip mall but change mind realizing high price or remembering something else on the way that doesn't need me to stop there so there's some gray area on public business' parking lot use.

OP's video has much clear picture of driver's intent.
It's not always that clear in a busier business parking lot.

I once entered a gas station parking lot to fill air but there were two cars waiting.
I didn't stop and exited immediately.
Thankfully, there was no cop waiting for me otherwise it'd depend upon whether the cop believes me or not.

Kinda because it's public. If it's private, it'll be trespassing....

Depends on local laws. People used to regularly avoid an intersection near our civic center by cutting through the parking lot as shown on this image. Many tickets were written and this is a municipal site - not much is more public. (The roundabout used to be a traffic light and the intersection would back up really bad at various times of the day. One of the reasons for the roundabout and it is working.)

traffic.jpg

Edit: At least here in Michigan it's not the type of property (public/private) but the fact you you're doing it to avoid the light.

Edit 2: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(0k...eg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-257-611

I'm pretty confident all states have a similar ordinance.

Last edited:
the high school parking lot near my house is often used to bypass the red light. they used to have a lot of speed bumps in the parking lot to prevent that, but for some reason they've been removed - not sure when they did it though. just last week i saw someone doing about 40 mph through the lot to skip the red light. funny thing was, the light changed about the time they ducked into the parking lot, and as i turned right, i saw her there waiting to pull out - she started out in front of me at the light, but ended up behind me on the road we were both turning on.

Back