Innovv C4 Pre-release Review (2 part review includes C2 and C3 review)

Okay so my C4 is fixed and working well again. Had it in my car and on my person for about an hour or so. I went and grabbed lunch and just had it around during the day.
Grabbed a subway.
Neoo6lm.png

(I know the camera date and time is wrong forgot to update it after reflash that's what it defaults to)

I also got the iSmartDV app to work on my Android. I have not played with it much, but I like that I can record and live view. I'll have to play with this next time I am a passenger in a car

The Android App does not seem to support videos being played back, but they can be deleted and downloaded.
I am really enjoying how easily I can take it from my cars visor to my hat.

I find videos like these (not mine, someone walking around an ASDA) very interesting and having the C4 on my hat lets me get a First Person View without having to mess around and hold a camera.

Also while I do live in a safe area I always hear about fights breaking out in other states in Malls and fast food places as long as things like that lady who called the cops on the kid flying the drone so it is also nice to sort of protect myself the way I protect my car.

Other then the firmware mishap that I posted the fix to and a few other things that need worked on this could turn out to be a nice camera.

The things I would like to see, and I understand these take time I just like to get them out there

Firmware improved in general as well as to add the ability for the camera to auto rotate without the G-Sensor locking files.

This is a big one for me. Wearing it on my hat and getting in and out of a car or moving my head to fast can cause a file lock, but I want to be able to wear it on the top of my hat brim as well as under my hat brim if I want in case it is lightly raining or flurry out.

A longer charging cable included. Maybe one as long as comes with the C3 although my C3 cable does not seem to charge it so I am guessing the pins are different.

Lastly I would love to see all C4s come with the belt clip that comes with the C3 so others can hat wear it as well and a stronger shell holder. The one that came with mine feels very weak, and I actually even had the threaded nut crack the plastic and fall out trying to mount it to a threaded suction cup.

If those things can be done I see the C4 being a good little camera, and after they are done I would love to see Innovv move back to something like the C3, but make it dual channel and scrap the proprietary plug.

Last edited:
Hi. Your last words about C4 being a dual channel C3 without the propietary plug express my wishes too.

we really really need a full gui utility for the C4.

I was recording the last 3 days with the C2/3/4 all at the same time and the difference in quality is significant. I planned on having my review up by this sunday, which will actually be a two part review of all three cameras, and right now I can recommend the C2 and 3 but the 4 has such lower quality video. (edit: well to be fair, its not that the video over all is much worse, its just so over exposed, and mine focuses too close).

FYI these are not with the firmware update, @CheckYourLights or @GJHS has the firmware improved your picture quality at all or is it just suppose to be more stable?

these go in order C2, C3, C4. obviously the C3 is lower but it is still pretty much the same frame. its worth noting besides the over exposure (and no way to change it) my C3 focuses a lot on the dirt on the window while the dirt looks non existent on the C2. C2 and C3 are default exposure.

I am actually very impressed with the C2 I don't remember mine last year looking this good. the C2 is darker, you can't see inside the building to the left that is under construction, but the stadium in the distance is very clear. it also looks sharper.

its also worth mentioning my C4 and C2 were right next to each other at the same height.

c2_stadiumbus.jpg c3_stadiumbus.jpg c4_stadiumbus.jpg

Last edited:
FYI these are not with the firmware update, @CheckYourLights or @GJHS has the firmware improved your picture quality at all or is it just suppose to be more stable?
I'm currently running VER: DW20150309 as per my text file. I guess that is what the re-flash program put on my device and I have not messed with the firmware since.

22A9N0U.png

cYZTmRk.png

t6mJB9A.png

UL14c0j.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I took all the stuff down, but if I have time I am going to set it all up again tomorrow morning, shots from the same intersection, roughly same time of day, but with adjusting the exposure on the C2 and C3.

I uploaded part 1 of my review on the original post which covers the c2 c3 and c4. part 2 is going to cover video/gui utility and my final impressions. I will likely not cover any modifications like battery swapping in my review, but will mention this thread as everyone here has done a great job adding to it. My reviews tend to be more for casual consumers who aren't going to mess with the product.

I got the C4 camera from GearBest, and want to use it with my quadcopters. But that date/stamp has got to go! Has anyone figured out how to turn off the timestamp. A selection to do such is not available in the test GUI. Have also tried UPDATE.txt with TimeStamp=0 and Time Stamp=0, but neither worked.

Right now it works great at holding down a bunch of papers on a windy day.

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the timestamp
While I am pro time stamp there does not seem to currently be a way to turn it off.
Hopefully more setting will come soon. I like wearing it around, but it still needs firmware fine turned.

While I really like being able to wear the camera around I don't think it is "there" yet, but I hope it comes along soon. I really think with the right support the C3 and C4 can be great cameras.

I'll have more of my thoughts this week. I was going to create my own thread, but maybe it would be better to keep everything here to keep the board a little cleaner.

What version does yours have?

Last edited:
I got the C4 camera from GearBest, and want to use it with my quadcopters. But that date/stamp has got to go! Has anyone figured out how to turn off the timestamp. A selection to do such is not available in the test GUI. Have also tried UPDATE.txt with TimeStamp=0 and Time Stamp=0, but neither worked.

try use file named "time.txt" from old sunplus product
"YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS"

if you set all zeros...not sure if it will turn it off

Last edited:
Just wanted to breathe a little life back into this thread. I still use my C4 from time to time as a wait and hope for a new firmware and a GUI.

The blinking is the light from my G95A

Reactions: Mtz
Here is one from today.
Also I have figured out how to run my C4 off of a USB battery pack. It is a bit of a pain, but i'll take it for now.

First you have to turn the camera on with nothing plugged in.
Then you have to put it in wifi mode and connect to it using iSmart DV.
Once connected tell the camera to start recording through the DV app
Finally plug your USB battery pack in and you should be good to go.

I got the C4 camera from GearBest, and want to use it with my quadcopters. But that date/stamp has got to go! Has anyone figured out how to turn off the timestamp.

UPDATE:N
Time:2015/06/06-10:05:11
poweron_record:0
StampMode:0
recording_indicator:1
TV_mode:1
videosound:1
ImageSize:1
auto_poweroff:1
lapsetime:0
Seamless:1
EV:3