Installation - 7900 ACE w/ LK-530

Jonathan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I received a Lukas 7900 bundle for Christmas, and have finally gotten around to the install, and I have some questions. Of course, I tried to "read the manual," but we all know the inherent difficulty with that, should one not happen to read Korean. I have browsed the threads here, but could not find a lot of information pertinent to my situation.

The bundle I received came with the camera, a lens, the LK-530 battery, and the LK-290 "auto cut-off power device." From searching here, I concluded that one either uses the 290 OR the 530, but not both. So, I'm not sure why both were sold in my bundle. Nonetheless, I also concluded that the 530 is the better of the two to use, as it seems to do everything the 290 does, but also provides its own power.

So, I set out to install the 7900 ACE w/ the LK-530. I hardwired everything, hooked connected the camera to the 530, and nothing happened. After a lot of troubleshooting, I gave up the hardwiring, and used the included cigarette lighter power adapter. Still, nothing worked. I tried just the camera, and it worked fine, but working through the 530, I got no power.

I turned on the car to roll up my windows and call it a night, and the 7900 came on. Now, my accessory outlets work when the car is in accessory mode, and it was the entire time I was testing, so I can only assume that the 530 wasn't getting enough amps without the engine running and the alternator powering the device. Has anyone experienced this, and can confirm my suspicion?

Anyway, since I'm not quite sure how this battery pack is supposed to work, and this forum seems to be a great resource, I thought I'd post here, and see if anyone has some wisdom to share with me before I tackle this again in the morning. I'm not quite sure how the 530 is supposed to work, or why I want it, other than I need it (or the 290) to use the camera's park-record feature. And, since I got the whole bundle, I figure I might as well use it.

So, at this point, I'm not even sure what questions to ask, other than the couple I've posed already. But if someone can point me to an English manual that explains the 530 in detail, or can just explain it to me here, I'd be thankful.

Jonathan

Thank you. That's a lot of help. Should be able to knock this out pretty quickly tomorrow morning.

Share some pics of the install when you're done! Good luck.

Pictures don't show too much. =)

7900cam.jpg

7900battery.jpg

I ran the power wire to the camera through the headliner, down the A-pillar on the passenger side, and behind the glove box. I ran the power wire to the battery from an Add-A-Fuse in the fuse box, which in my car, is to the left of the steering wheel.

The only thing I'm considering changing is moving the camera up into the black/tinted portion of the windshield so that the camera itself is hidden behind my rearview mirror. It is a pretty big camera.

Has anyone else mounted theres like that with success?

Pictures don't show too much. =)

I ran the power wire to the camera through the headliner, down the A-pillar on the passenger side, and behind the glove box. I ran the power wire to the battery from an Add-A-Fuse in the fuse box, which in my car, is to the left of the steering wheel.

The only thing I'm considering changing is moving the camera up into the black/tinted portion of the windshield so that the camera itself is hidden behind my rearview mirror. It is a pretty big camera.

Has anyone else mounted theres like that with success?

I have mine mounted to the dot matrix area above my rearview mirror. From the driver seat, I can see just a little bit of the bottom of the dash cam behind my mirror, but it's pretty stealthy for the most part. If you don't want any of the dot matrix to show on your videos, just make sure to test out the position before actually mounting it.

Back