Installation Help

plhuneyc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a B1W and have been using it for about a week. Liking it so far. I've been using the charger that came with the unit but would like to hard wire it in to be able to use the parking mode and hide all my cabling a little better. I bought this: (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPSZYH) but I'll be honest, I'm pretty clueless as to where exactly I need to connect the fuse adapters to get this thing to work as I want it to. Anyone provide some input? Added a pic of the fuse box layout. Thanks in advance!

FuseBox.jpg

Before installation, could you tell me which socket is 12V always on even if your engine off?

Tested them today with a multimeter. Near the top, the 10A [STOP], 20a [R.FOG TRAIL], and 15A [SEAT HTR R], are confirmed to be always on and show 12V.
Also, connected the add-a-fuse to the 10A listed above and confirmed it did power my B1W while the car is off. Did plenty of digging around and "think" I figured it all out :) Any additional input to make sure I'm getting this thing wired up correctly though is still much appreciated!

Last edited:
I'd probably avoid the 'stop' circuit, assuming it's the brake lights. (No sense taking risks with something that is safety related.)
Maybe 'seat htr r', guessing it's the rear seat heat?

Thanks, had the same thought about the STOP if it was brake related. I'll give one of the other 2 a try, was mostly just testing it earlier. My car doesn't have seat heaters so that may be the best option.

The wiring adapter also has the additional yellow wire, where does this connect and what's the purpose if the other is for constant power?

You can connect the red wire to ACC, and keep Yellow wire disconnected!

Awesome, thanks for all the help!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T B1W 1
V B1W 18
D B1W 2
G B1W 2
E B1W 39
Back