Interference problems!

Steve Perry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have 2 0801 cameras, 1 front and 1 rear.

Basically when turned on either plugged in to the hard wired power leads or plugged in to the cigar lighters or even just running on battery it knocks out my DAB radio reception.

It also makes FM signal worse but not as bad as the DAB which is pretty much unusable with either camera turned on.

I love these cameras, great size and quality and I thought my car radio was faulty but just tried different things until I discovered the above, Any ideas anyone?? thanks in advance!

Try a different 12V to Mini USB power supply. I don't see any AM/FM interference with my 0801.

Thanks but the interference is there even when it's on battery! Fm is passable and could poor performance could possibly go unnoticed but DAB is pants with the camera on

Try moving the antenna or the camera location.

That's interesting, I'm having a similar problem with mine - I hardwired mine with a 12v-USB converter and a 3m USB cable, and was about to start down the path of replacing the cable and/or the converter. Will try mine on battery and see if the same problem occurs.

For ref - my car is an Octavia 3, think the DAB antenna is in one of the side rear windows, and my 0801 is behind the rear view mirror.

Back