Interior Camera Mounting

laflaone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro, 3 ch
With some great help from others on this forum, I have figured out how to post a pic. I have zero interest in watching myself drive down the road. I DO have an interest in what happens at my drivers side window, such as a possible carjacking, or an overzealous cop wanting to violates my rights. I spent years as a State of Florida law enforcement officer, so unfortunately I know there are a few out there. Back to the subject at hand... I cut out a strip of 1/8" thick acrylic on my bandsaw. The stuff is available online, or at the DIY box stores. I then heated and bent it to the angle I wanted with my Harbor Freight heat gun. (low heat setting) Mounted with a couple of squares of 3M double sided left over from the installation kit. It now captures perfectly 20231204_120306.jpgvideo and audio of anyone approaching or at my window.

Nice.
This is my all time favorite POV for “side” cameras.
Don’t forget to check the alignment at night when the IR LED’s are on.
The A229 Pro IR Interior camera only has 4 LED Emitters, compared to the A139 Pro’s 6.
So it reduces the FOV an night.
A229 Pro IR FOV: 84°
A139 Pro IR FOV: 98°
-Chuck

1.) A229 Pro vs. A139 Pro .jpg
IR Interior LED's On .png
Interior LED's On .png

@laflaone
Thank you, I have two “identical” Ford Panther Cars;
2004 Ford Crown Victoria (civilian model)
2010 Mercury Grand Marquis

All standard ¼ ball mounts use a ¼ size “bolt” as an attachment point.
I poked a small hole through the headliner, and attached a ¼ “short” bolt with washer, and locknut.
I thought about the fixed mount like yours, but I wanted to be able to change, and fine tune the cameras POV.

I have true side cameras in my Grand Marquis.
Here's what that looks like;

Nice.
This is my all time favorite POV for “side” cameras.
Don’t forget to check the alignment at night when the IR LED’s are on.
The A229 Pro IR Interior camera only has 4 LED Emitters, compared to the A139 Pro’s 6.
So it reduces the FOV an night.
A229 Pro IR FOV: 84°
A139 Pro IR FOV: 98°
-Chuck

View attachment 70236
View attachment 70237
View attachment 70239
Thank you for your comparison,I just bought it, but the fov is really too narrow

Thank you for your comparison,I just bought it, but the fov is really too narrow
The “true” horizontal FOV in daytime with IR LED’s off is;
A229 Pro Interior: 122°
A139 Pro Interior: 124°

IR Interior .png
IR Interior  (1).png

You can see the rest of the camera’s FOV’s here;

I thought you said you would wait for the A229 Pro price to come down before you bought it. lol

The “true” horizontal FOV in daytime with IR LED’s off is;
A229 Pro Interior: 122°
A139 Pro Interior: 124°

View attachment 70278
View attachment 70277

You can see the rest of the camera’s FOV’s here;

I thought you said you would wait for the A229 Pro price to come down before you bought it. lol
Thank you for providing a daytime comparison,I can't wait anymore, haha,I found that in a very dark environment, the internal recording is quite blurry

I found that in a very dark environment, the internal recording is quite blurry
I disagree the A229 Pro IR Interior is improved over the A139 Pro in dark / night lighting conditions.
You can see the difference gere.

Can you upload your test footage of your blurry images to YouTube?
Please start your own thread so we don’t go “off topic” in this thread.
-Chuck

我不同意A229 Pro红外内饰比A139 Pro在黑暗/夜间照明条件下有所改进。
你可以看到基尔的不同。

你能把你模糊图像的测试片段上传到YouTube上吗?
请开始你自己的帖子,这样我们就不会在这个帖子中“跑题”了。
-Chuck
IMG_20240115_230659.jpg
Please take a look at the screenshot first

I disagree the A229 Pro IR Interior is improved over the A139 Pro in dark / night lighting conditions.
You can see the difference gere.

Can you upload your test footage of your blurry images to YouTube?
Please start your own thread so we don’t go “off topic” in this thread.
-Chuck

The install seem a little driver centric, but maybe that is the idea, i would personally have angled it a bit more towards the back seat, CUZ as it look now a great part of the footage from that camera must be out of the windscreen.
A few other in here have also 3D printed custom mounts, but the bent piece of plastic will also work just fine.

I did a similar thing on mine, but found an easy spot to mount it on the overhead map light panel without having to jerry-rig anything:

vlcsnap-2024-03-23-00h08m34s276.jpg

I did a similar thing on mine, but found an easy spot to mount it on the overhead map light panel without having to jerry-rig anything:

View attachment 71478
What if you get pulled over on the highway, and the cop approaches from the passenger side window?

What if you get pulled over on the highway, and the cop approaches from the passenger side window?
We have an old saying back in Louisiana where I was raised: "If if was a skiff, we could all take a ride." The odds are greatly in favor of the cop coming up to the driver's side window, so I'll take my chances. Or, I could lean over and tell the cop to get his ass over to the driver's side so he's in the fov of the camera.:D

Do you work for the company ?
No, I wish I did so I could make this swivel mount, and fix all the other little issues I see. Lol
You can requested they make the A229 Pro IR Interior swivel mount here;

Back