iPad apps to view recordings sans internet

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
Has anyone found an iPad app to view (copy?) the recordings from the DR900x Plus dashcam? Without having internet access? And/or a PC program that will connect via WiFi to my camera to view/copy recordings.
I have just upgraded from a 650 and was assuming by now there would be a better system for accessing the media.. instead, it seems worse.
Thank you for your time
Edit: finally got it to work by installing this https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blackvue/id1049209637. It seems that the app "had" installed but the icon went into the "other" library where I did not see it. All working good (ish). The app is not the most intuitive and in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired.. still I can now without internet access video clip and view it.

Last edited:
Ralph2,

I too have an IPAD and therefor no access the the BV Viewer so I read your post with interest. Downloaded the app, and after selecting the ‘connect to camera’ button was presented with a black screen which said ‘this app requires LAN to connect to the BV Wi-Fi. To connect to your devices, this app needs access to your Wi-Fi network. (Which I confirmed in the IOS settings). And the last line, ‘to connect to BV Wi-Fi, select OK when the app asks to connect to your LAN.’

I was never presented with an OK to select for connection to my LAN. Poked through all he BV settings (every single one) on an Android phone and didn’t see anything obvious. So I’m officially stumped. What‘s the secret you found? Agree nothing is intuitive.

Chris

Edit: I also connected to the BV camera from the IPAD app and saw nothing in the settings either. Still stumped.

Last edited:
Sorry I can’t help more than my original post. Before.. when I clicked on the link (while connected to my WiFi) I would go to the App Store and the only option was to open. After.. finding the app in some obscure library and uninstalling it, I went back to the link, now I had the option to instal, which I did. Then while in the car, camera on and iPad connected to my WiFi I opened the Blackvue App and (this is now fuzzy) opted to connect to the camera.. at some point I was asked to touch the proximity probe.. and magic.
Now, if connected to any WiFi and I start the Blackvue app, I get a choice of connecting (join) to the camera or cloud. Selecting the camera seems to turn off the current WiFi and connects to the camera WiFi. In a no WiFi available area one must manually connect to the Blackvue WiFi from the iPAD settings. Where I then have the option to view individual video segments.. or download (which goes to some hidden place on my iPad). To subsequently see those downloaded videos again requires using the Blackvue app but you then have an option to save/move them.
I think.. hardly intuitive and with a memory like mine.. I may have forgotten some details.
Good Luck

I’ll give it another whack and let you know what happens. Many thanks.

I’ll give it another whack and let you know what happens. Many thanks.
Someone posted a video of the process which might help you.

Excellent. Seems straight forward. Again, thanks for the help.

Back