Is Gearbest.com reputed seller?

Have you thought about buying something from @RoadCam ? They're in the US so you'd get quicker shipping and local customer service?

Reviewing the Gearbest site I notice that there is nothing whatsoever on the site that identifies where the company is located or where they ship from. Banggood on the other hand explains that they have four offices in China and Hong Kong and they provide the mailing address of their main office in Guangzhou along with other information about their company. They tell you which warehouse they ship from as they have four; two in China as well as the UK and USA. Gearbest says they will ship your DVR in 3-5 days while everything I've ordered from Banggood has shipped within 24 hours. These things tells us something about the difference between the two firms. Gearbest sells a small handful of dash cams while Banggood has pages of them. Banggood is also an "authorized" Mobius vendor which tells us something else as the developer of the Mobius is careful in selecting sellers of its product. Gearbest may well be a fine company to do business with but considering that the product in question is known to be widely faked and sold in varying diminishing levels of quality, it seems penny wise and pound foolish to even still be entertaining such "bargains".

Finally, Banggood has a standing offer. "We claim to have best bang for your buck and if you see the same product elsewhere contact us and we will see if we can beat the price." Just click "Saw better price" in the "add to cart" section. Maybe they will match the deal from Gearbest?

There is a reason that sellers like FoxOffer and Banggood (and some others) have gained customer loyalty here at DCT.

Then again, if you want to be the guinea pig and order from an unknown vendor because they have such a great deal on the g1WH, perhaps Gearbest can become another seller folks here at DCT can turn to for their purchases after you tell us how everything went.

Have you thought about buying something from @RoadCam ? They're in the US so you'd get quicker shipping and local customer service?
Panorama is not within budget.

Reviewing the Gearbest site I notice that there is nothing whatsoever on the site that identifies where the company is located or where they ship from. Banggood on the other hand explains that they have four offices in China and Hong Kong and they provide the mailing address of their main office in Guangzhou along with other information about their company. They tell you which warehouse they ship from as they have four; two in China as well as the UK and USA. Gearbest says they will ship your DVR in 3-5 days while everything I've ordered from Banggood has shipped within 24 hours. These things tells us something about the difference between the two firms. Gearbest sells a small handful of dash cams while Banggood has pages of them. Banggood is also an "authorized" Mobius vendor which tells us something else as the developer of the Mobius is careful in selecting sellers of its product. Gearbest may well be a fine company to do business with but considering that the product in question is known to be widely faked and sold in varying diminishing levels of quality, it seems penny wise and pound foolish to even still be entertaining such "bargains".

Finally, Banggood has a standing offer. "We claim to have best bang for your buck and if you see the same product elsewhere contact us and we will see if we can beat the price." Just click "Saw better price" in the "add to cart" section. Maybe they will match the deal from Gearbest?

There is a reason that sellers like FoxOffer and Banggood (and some others) have gained customer loyalty here at DCT.

Then again, if you want to be the guinea pig and order from an unknown vendor because they have such a great deal on the g1WH, perhaps Gearbest can become another seller folks here at DCT can turn to for their purchases after you tell us how everything went.

Yes, I passed on gearbest. Looks like it'll be a hassle.
I contacted them and they replied fairly quick confirming that the chip is indeed NT96650 but it'll take few days to have them due to huge number of orders.
May be they are middleman. Getting orders first and then getting the product to ship.

I'll check with Banggood.
I can wait. No hurry here. ;) Still waiting on decent reviews on the G90.

I also recommend @spytec too, experienced and reliable.

You can darw a message to them for your need and see the answer.

So I clicked on 'Saw Better Price' on the Banggood's G1WH site and this is their reply.

Hi,I read the link you send, the two pages G1WH Car DVR with our site selling a DVR that describe

different specifications, functions less than we

I'll call it a bull.

http://www.banggood.com/Full-HD1080...corder-G-sensor-Novatek-NT96650-p-916394.html
vs
http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_16927.html

Of course wording are little different but it's the same thing.

So their 'Saw Better Price' is only if another site as everything word for word.

I also had a chat about the G90 on sale at geekbuying for $67.99 last night and after I sent them the link they said, "Sorry we have to go to lunch. We'll check your link and email later."
I haven't heard back and of course the sale is over now.
Their price match is just a hoax or only if it's few bucks.

A few days ago, I mentioned here on DCT that Banggood is offering 18% off on the G1WH until July 22, 2014. Just enter code f54ded and they'll happily send you one for $46.69.
There's really no reason to go through all these machinations over a few dollars.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I mentioned here on DCT that Banggood is offering 18% off on the G1WH until July 22, 2014. Just enter code f54ded and they'll happily send you one for $46.69.
There's really no reason to go through all the machinations over a few dollars.

It's not about few dollars but seller's policy.
If they don't have "Saw better price" or price match policy, it won't be even mentioned here but since they do and then deny it giving pointless reasons, it doesn't reflect good on their part.

It's like bestbuy claiming price match but denying it saying the wordings on another site for the same model is different.

I may still buy from them though but just commenting on the price match thingy.

Or one can spend about $9 dollars more and purchase the G1WH on Amazon US shipped locally.

Spytec makes a good point but based on many of your responses since you came to DCT two weeks ago I imagine you will find this advice lacking as well.

It's not about few dollars but seller's policy.
If they don't have "Saw better price" or price match policy, it won't be even mentioned here but since they do and then deny it giving pointless reasons, it doesn't reflect good on their part.

It's like bestbuy claiming price match but denying it saying the wordings on another site for the same model is different.

I may still buy from them though but just commenting on the price match thingy.

At no time has Banggood ever stated that they have a "price match policy" like Best Buy. Specifically they say, "contact us and we will see if we can beat the price". Like it or not, they declined. They obviously have their reasons but they were up front that they won't promise to match a price you found elsewhere. Also, Best Buy is offering to price match name brand products whose manufacturing pedigree is known whereas Banggood has to contend with matching prices for possible clones of questionable origin.

Last edited:
Personally I'd be buying the A118 from FoxOffer if I was looking to buy another camera until all the Ambarella based ones start to settle down with firmware etc.

At no time has Banggood ever stated that they have a "price match policy" like Best Buy. Specifically they say, "contact us and we will see if we can beat the price". Like it or not, they declined. They obviously have their reasons but they were up front that they won't promise to match a price you found elsewhere. Also, Best Buy is offering to price match name brand products whose manufacturing pedigree is known whereas Banggood has to contend with matching prices for possible clones of questionable origin.

I see. Then I guess it's okay. Banggood will do good if it's doable. ;)

Personally I'd be buying the A118 from FoxOffer if I was looking to buy another camera until all the Ambarella based ones start to settle down with firmware etc.
Will read on the A118.
thanks

Back to the gearbest g1wh, it does have Novatek NT96650BG and Nanya 1142 chip.
So Nanya is same as AR330?

attachment.php

That's the memory module

That's the memory module
Oh I see.

Here is a sample video from Gearbest G1WH. Looks not as sharp but not enough videos to compare against other sellers' G1WH.

Those who have g1w, could you please check if the file properties look fine?
It mentions avc codec instead of H.264 but I guess they are same.

Here's file properties,

General
Complete name : 06460001.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 276 MiB
Duration : 3mn 1s
Overall bit rate : 12.8 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00
Video #1
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 11.9 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.191
Stream size : 256 MiB (93%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00
Audio #2
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Little
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : sowt
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 512 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 11.0 MiB (4%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00

Update:
Got the G1WH from gearbest.com yesterday.
It took exactly 3 weeks to get here with free shipping or you can pay extra for expedited shipping. My G90 from Gearbest came in less than 5 days with expedited shipping.
The G1WH is genuine and can't find anything wrong.
It even holds battery power for over 5 minutes.

So feel free to order one from them.
It's still at $39.99 after coupon.

Video is .MOV and 30fps @ 1080p.
I'll upload videos and post links here soon.
Here is what came:

DSC01401-G1WH.jpg

Last edited:
G1WH with initial firmware:
Filename just have number (12430015).

Filesize for 3 minute clips: G1WH @ 282mb.
Total Bit rate: G1WH @ 12389kbps.
Data rate: G1WH @ 11877kbps.
Audio bit rate: G1WH @ 512kbps.
Audio Sample rate: G1WH @ 32kHz.

20140724_085245-jpg.6401

Car charger is one of the two on the right.
20140724_085229-jpg.6385

Focus:
G1WH has soft focus on the lower right area.
Not sure if that is an issue or just how I put it in the windshield.

Colors:
G1WH looks natural but slightly washed.

Overal video looks very decent for a $40 dashcam.
I'll upgrade firmware to DOD and see how that improves it with higher VBR.

Screenshots:

20140724-g1wh-screenshot-1-png.6390

20140724-g1wh-screenshot-2-png.6393

20140724-g1wh-screenshot-32-png.6400

G1WH:
20140724-g1wh-screenshot-3-wmp-png.6402

20140724-g1wh-screenshot-4-png.6403

20140724-g1wh-screenshot-5-png.6410

20140724-g1wh-screenshot-6-png.6405

20140724-G1WH-Screenshot-7.jpg

Video samples:
G1WH against sunlight:
G1WH:

Unboxing Gearbest G1WH:
Night-time (low light):
I haven't had a chance to take night videos yet so that'll be in few days to come.

Last edited:
Back