Is my Mobius dead ?

Yeah I popped up a thread a while ago as it looks like the B lens might have changed in it's lifetime - I only noticed after using one on a G90 and then the weird starbursts it occurred are happening on some people's Mobius cameras.

I'm not so sure the B lens module has changed so much as it seems more like a quality control issue. As mentioned, the replacement module I received performs well.

Got the new lens module today (ordered from mobius-cam.com). The camera starts fine, so that was the problem.
I'll test it a bit later to compare with the Mobius I bought from Banggood, to see if there really is much difference and if I need to ask them(Banggood) for a replacement lens module.

Got the new lens module today (ordered from mobius-cam.com). The camera starts fine, so that was the problem.
I'll test it a bit later to compare with the Mobius I bought from Banggood, to see if there really is much difference and if I need to ask them(Banggood) for a replacement lens module.

Glad to hear that it's fixed! I'm also curious to hear if you find a difference between to two.

Well.. it lasted for 2 weeks. It stopped working again today.
Now that I have another Mobius, I tried the battery and the capacitor from the faulty one on the one that works. They both function properly. So it's not a battery/capacitor issue.
I tried plying with the reset button (and all the other buttons actually :)) but nothing works.

If I just press the power button: Nothing happens.
If I first long press the power button, release it and press it again(quick press is ok): The blue led quickly blinks and is followed by 3 blinks of the red led on the back.
If I try to perform a fimware update: I have to first long press the power button and then press it again -> The blue led blinks for about 20s and there is a pause as it should but then the red one blinks 3 times and the Mobius turns off.

Also: The long press of the power button can be replaced by a short press of the reset button. It does the same thing.
When I plug the usb cable in (power), nothing happens. I have to long press the power button or short press the reset button for the green led to come on.
The PCs(several) don't recognize the mobius, as it fails to turn on properly. They just provide charging power.
If I long press the Power and Mode button the configuration file is created on the memory card. (and the red led on the top blinks).
My Mobius is doing EXACTLY the same thing. Blue LED on top quick flash once, then three red flashes on the rear LED. I read further in your posts, and it seems the lens module is bad? I disconnected the lens (ribbon) and reconnected, but still the same. Is the answer pretty much to order another? I received the camera on Nov 14th, 2014, and it started doing this on Jan. 3rd, 2015. I don't use the camera as a dashcam, but rather as a "Headcam" to record myself flying RC planes.

My Mobius is doing EXACTLY the same thing. Blue LED on top quick flash once, then three red flashes on the rear LED. I read further in your posts, and it seems the lens module is bad? I disconnected the lens (ribbon) and reconnected, but still the same. Is the answer pretty much to order another? I received the camera on Nov 14th, 2014, and it started doing this on Jan. 3rd, 2015. I don't use the camera as a dashcam, but rather as a "Headcam" to record myself flying RC planes.
Why do you think the lens module is bad? What is or isn't your camera doing?

Here is the Mobius Manual. There is a troubleshooting section that describes want the flashes mean.

OP, I am experiencing the same exact symptoms of unresponsive camera w/ blue led and red 3X rear led behavior. Is there any fix for this? I bought the camera from the original website https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/ around a month ago (Jan 8th,15 was when order was placed). Really disappointed w/ the whole experience.

Anyone ever figure out why the blue light comes on, then 3 red flashes, then power off? If it is a lens module issue is there anything internal that is fixable? Having this issue with a brand new C lens module and a brand new pcb, and a brand new SD card...

Anyone ever figure out why the blue light comes on, then 3 red flashes, then power off? If it is a lens module issue is there anything internal that is fixable? Having this issue with a brand new C lens module and a brand new pcb, and a brand new SD card...
It sounds as if something could be wrong with your SD card. Have you tried a different card, preferably class 4 or less?

Back