is my v3 focusing on hood?

Welcome, @N.T.
What is the vehicle the dash cam is in?
Your vehicle looks like it might be a F150 type of size ie windscreen is higher than a sedan size car, is that right?

I ask because if correct then I image pointing the dash cam lens lower will only see more bonnet.

If that’s true then a work around would be to Mount the dash cam as high as you can on the windshield. Then you could aim it lower with lower bonnet in shot hopefully which would give you the sweet spot on the road rather than the bonnet.

Another member mentioned in another thread changing the resolution cam also change the sweet spot.
I’ll find the post and post it here.

Cheers
its the Mazda CX5

I was playing with mine yesterday. It's surprising how much a single lens ratchet click can make.

What I did, and well worth a test, is to click the lens fully down, turn the sound on, then with it running, and obviously you're stationary, click it up one notch at a time and leave it for 10 to 20 seconds.

When you bring it in and connect to a PC you can see and hear the various clicks and the difference they make.

I found that my best brightest video was showing a load of dash and little sky. That was obviously not ideal so I clicked it up one notch and it did dim slightly but OK,ish. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon, or rather Sunday when I get back and connect to the PC.

Is my dashcam defective?
The problem is visible in the second freeze frame.
Pay attention to the wires from the center to the right, they should ring like a string on a guitar, and not look like swollen ropes, the foliage on the trees merges into a common green mass, the signs are blurred.
You should contact Viofo support, I think they will solve your problem.

hzmoT4J.jpg

The problem is visible in the second freeze frame.
Pay attention to the wires from the center to the right, they should ring like a string on a guitar, and not look like swollen ropes, the foliage on the trees merges into a common green mass, the signs are blurred.
You should contact Viofo support, I think they will solve your problem.

View attachment 59044
It is still under the Amazon return period.
If you guys think it is really having problem I would just return and buy a new one.

All firmware versions above 1.03 have HDR. 1.03 had WDR.

Info I received was that in the menu HDR off/on is actually low/high. HDR is posted as producing some motion blur. It could be that that those wires are showing.

I would retest using 1.03

For me the bottom line is this is a tiny box, not a massive broadcast quality video camera so there are compromises. If you're happy with the results .......

Info I received was that in the menu HDR off/on is actually low/high. HDR is posted as producing some motion blur. It could be that that those wires are showing.
Why install other firmware if you can turn off the HDR on this one?

Read my post again re HDR

If a person has a problem with the optics of the DVR, then changing the firmware will not help.
If the problem is, as you say in HDR, then turning it off the improvements will be noticeable.

Reactions: gse
HDR is posted here as being one source of double image.

My post indicated that beyond firmware 1.03 they have HDR and it cannot be turned fully off but switched between low and high.

I have tested this using versions 1.03 and version 2.0 and version 2.0 produces slight motion blur that version 1.03 doesn't.

Back