Is the GOPRO Worth the money?

You may. be right on using that camera. it is just the application to use it for
No, I want to see "Raw / Unedited" footage right off the camera.
1.) Insert SD Card into computer.
2.) Upload raw file directly to YouTube.
Make it happen' Capn'. lol

I'm not sure what you mean "application" are you talking about the Pocket 3

Have seen some YouTube videos where it's not so amazing the footage eek :/
At this point i am debating on making a mount for a mini2. At least I know it will look great.

your camera line up you can always check with the APP associated with the camera you choose.

The new Insta GO3 cameras are pretty nifty in you can take out the little camera and so have a very small camera, that easy fit on a headband or cap brim, doing that the main part act like a remote viewfinder as i recall.

You can also choose one of their 360 cameras, that way you can always frame the parts you want in post processing, and so you just need to have the camera near and you should be good, of course if you have the camera at the headliner and want to film something under the dash, well that's not going to work, but otherwise with 360 you could probably just " throw " the camera on the floor and be good.

I have seen a few vids of these little 360 cams. Intriguing. Wonder how they would go as a back up dash cam? short term or short trip thing?

1984, you had to be there...lol
I grew up in the 1990's, and programmed HTML for the first time at 8 years old, what a time to be alive :D I'll take my decade thanks haha

I grew up in the 1990's, and programmed HTML for the first time at 8 years old, what a time to be alive :D I'll take my decade thanks haha
MSDOS was fun...lol.

At this point i am debating on making a mount for a mini2. At least I know it will look great.
The closest focus distance on a Mini 2 is further away than on an action camera, it would be even more blurry unless you adjusted the lens focus, in which case it would do an excellent job, but would then only be usable as a close up camera. The DJI Pocket will get that last video in perfect focus because it has an autofocus, although that means that it will occasionally get it wrong, or adjust to focus on your hand when you want it focused on the soldering, so filming will take a bit more thought, so actually, a Mini 2 adjusted for close up work is probably the best option!

You could also adjust your action camera lens for close focus, I took these photos with a focus adjusted Gitup action camera:
y4ma0g4A9uusINcSV9UpTbcTMy4HnLjZTA80TJVrNtH3-TIdsU4b7ZpEvH5dHHD9h9RCh-6lY17RWuBuu3B3wK8ky-kanCNVpRHdZARel-l9iYGIp-6x9XFZSMY3S3acj1jcgxiqQgjo8dlRnOP_zYdVdO9LcCxHmHee8WQx-m2hABwb5-UzHntyX1MDoD1mh1K

y4mmDsLUko58q4illdrNUoJP3Qd7DarYIC3-XrABKNnO54RWYxX3tNUfrHEsf1vCEE47hH51PXuMA0IDjNXQhgmfGgVvGq1sOh5VeFFS-dYIZS9Lp2ch84TzGP5Y4w4qaFieVc0t8SuEYtTDOeD-XOcfht0_bEEXJyMl8o5UgdxPX4

Why don't you use heat shrink tube instead of the electrical tape? For joins like those it produces a much neater result with no chance of the tape unraveling and exposing the conductors. Easier to deal with than sticky tape too.

Go Pro is going back. these are both too grainy. they are not meant fro this type of video format.
Grain can normally be reduced by better lighting, you are filming in a very dark place, so bright lighting is important, a ring lamp might be ideal to reduce shadows.

My first windows was windows 98 SE, no hurry to leave DOS
After i got going with that, even Windows ME and Vista was good to me, only a occasional bad mix of me messing around in regedit and me being a avid overclocker gave me some grief.

I recorded some nice slow exposure night time time lapse videos of the sky with my Osmo action, no grain in those but of course with a exposure of several seconds for each frame of the videos.
Sadly gone with the deletion of my original youtube channel.

My first windows was windows 98 SE, no hurry to leave DOS
After i got going with that, even Windows ME and Vista was good to me, only a occasional bad mix of me messing around in regedit and me being a avid overclocker gave me some grief.

I recorded some nice slow exposure night time time lapse videos of the sky with my Osmo action, no grain in those but of course with a exposure of several seconds for each frame of the videos.
Sadly gone with the deletion of my original youtube channel.
Jesus Vista was the worst ever. I got the beta versions from a friend and then retail and it was a complete mess. Bios updates from Toshiba didn't help either, and it was a matter of waiting for Microsoft to patch things.

Important things like getting the system resources to not be hogged so much didn't even happen til service pack 1, my laptop fan did not die down until then which was months after release. Only reason I stuck with Vista was that Aero made it look day and night better over XP, and same with office 2007.

Yeah those 2 OS are / was not popular. for me they worked just fine.
I have also used windows since then though the 8 one i skipped, and i am not letting my windows 10 update to 11

It could also be that the reason i did ok with those 2 old OS was that for a long long time i have been running more RAM than people in general do, right now i am on 48 GB as i had a stick die on me so i yanked it and its cousin in the other bank, or it would have been 64 GB. ( 6 X 8 GB surrounding my 12 core threadripper CPU )
I am shooting for 64 GB in the next machine too, even if 126 GB would be easy to do, but i am trying to save on cost this time as i only have a pension to make do with, also really with what i do my laptop would be plenty.
And i am sure the games i like to play, well no one will make games like that again, and what they do make, well just looking at others play them i get infuriated.

Yeah those 2 OS are / was not popular. for me they worked just fine.
I have also used windows since then though the 8 one i skipped, and i am not letting my windows 10 update to 11

It could also be that the reason i did ok with those 2 old OS was that for a long long time i have been running more RAM than people in general do, right now i am on 48 GB as i had a stick die on me so i yanked it and its cousin in the other bank, or it would have been 64 GB. ( 6 X 8 GB surrounding my 12 core threadripper CPU )
I am shooting for 64 GB in the next machine too, even if 126 GB would be easy to do, but i am trying to save on cost this time as i only have a pension to make do with, also really with what i do my laptop would be plenty.
And i am sure the games i like to play, well no one will make games like that again, and what they do make, well just looking at others play them i get infuriated.
RAM would have done it for sure. Windows 8 was a confusing mess and cemented for me that touch on a laptop is useless. Windows 8 RT I also had on a Nokia LTE tablet and that really made me tear my hair out. I'm sure ARM is in a much better state these days, but I'm sticking to x86 thank you very much

Windows 11 isn't that bad and runs better than windows 10 did. Visually though and promise wise, they should have just left it like they said they would, that windows 10 was going to be the last OS update and just update bits and bobs. It's like android and iOS, the yearly updates to (major) version numbers don't bring anything major in terms of improvements.

I think we're past those days where improvements were solid or mind blowing, and stability and performance are in a pretty good state right now.

....Windows 8 was a confusing mess...
You're being way too kind.

...Windows 11 isn't that bad and runs better than windows 10 did...
While I'm definitely not a big fan of either windows 10 or 11 I have to agree it just seems to feel less 'flakey' for lack of a better term. Nothing I can put my finger on, just fewer 'strange' things happening. That said I would rather have the Win 7 UI - things were, at least for me, easier to find.

Jesus Vista was the worst ever. I got the beta versions from a friend and then retail and it was a complete mess. Bios updates from Toshiba didn't help either, and it was a matter of waiting for Microsoft to patch things.
windows Vista.. You had to trigger bad memories didn't you..lol :sick:

UPDATE

So I think the problem with this action cameras is they have a narrow viewing angle but nowehere does it say "DO NOT USE" Narrow basically squiches the wide viewing angle. So I made a video in wide viewing angle and it is way clearer. Lesson learned. Kept the DJI OSMO ACTION 4. GO Pro was really disappointing though. glad I did not get that

UPDATE

So I think the problem with this action cameras is they have a narrow viewing angle but nowehere does it say "DO NOT USE" Narrow basically squiches the wide viewing angle. So I made a video in wide viewing angle and it is way clearer. Lesson learned. Kept the DJI OSMO ACTION 4. GO Pro was really disappointing though. glad I did not get that

Today a member posted about a new dual lens 4K action camera from SJCAM that looks intriguing. It appears to have a much narrower angle of view than many other action cams, claiming 130º. It's not yet on the market but imminent and perhaps it might better meet your needs.

Back