Is the GPS unit in this advert's pictures a V1 or V2

That’s a V1, but they are probably just using an old photo. Best to email them to confirm.

The text below the photo has a reply from the seller:

"Seller's reply: Dear friend, Thanks for your review, it is new V2 one, please check the batch number shows A119S V2, and the GPS connector is flat, which can prove that".

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

That’s a V1, but they are probably just using an old photo. Best to email them to confirm.
I'll do that IF they don't fix it first. I'm still a week or 2 away from being able to afford to pay for it.

The text below the photo has a reply from the seller:

"Seller's reply: Dear friend, Thanks for your review, it is new V2 one, please check the batch number shows A119S V2, and the GPS connector is flat, which can prove that".
That reply doesn't seem like the same quality of english, as from @viofo . So whilst they've been informed, it may take a while before they "officially" take notice & fix it. I may also have to ask Aliexpress to make them fix the error in the listing. So that I can be 100% sure of exactly what their selling.

To clarify, whilst "VIOFO Original A119S Car DVR 2.0" LCD Screen Super Capacitor Novatek96660 H.264 HD 1080p 60fps Car Dash Camera DVR" is the title. What does that all mean. " 2.0" could be taken to mean V2 ( with the new & improved GPS terminals ) or the version of Firmware installed.

IMHO, Aliexpress is the world's largest marketplace for counterfeit goods. Your chances of getting an actual Viofo camera from them are slim.

IMHO, Aliexpress is the world's largest marketplace for counterfeit goods. Your chances of getting an actual Viofo camera from them are slim.
YET people here buy from banggood/elsewhere. AND we have @viofo . I for one, would rather buy from aliexpress for a dashcam, than Amazon or ebay. Especially since I can buy from VIOFO Official seller, if I want to. From my perspective of well over 5 years buying through Aliexpress. I've got a better chance of getting the best example from the VIOFO Official seller, than a less well known seller.

Besides which, they are Made In China. NOT elsewhere. So unless there's proof that the VIOFO Official seller are selling counterfeit items, that's where I plan on buying from. Because I don't paying for a local & just as potentially unreliable middle-person.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A119S 0
T A119S 2
Back