Is there a way to record longer than 1 minute segments?

Jackpody

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi!

Very, very happy with my recently acquired Blackvue 650 dual channel setup! I've wondered if it's somehow possible to make the camera record segments which are longer than 1 minute, as I'd rather have larger segments (say 3-5 minute segments) compared to the constantly cutting 1 minute segments. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I just prefer longer segments.

Thanks for reading!

Go into the configuration settings in the Blackvue app and you can change the recording length to 1, 2, or 3 minutes both for normal recording and event recording. I think 3 is the max but can't check at the moment.

Does the length not vary with the firmware you have? The "cloud" version only came with one min segments. I understand they were going to increase it but do not know if they have

Does the length not vary with the firmware you have? The "cloud" version only came with one min segments. I understand they were going to increase it but do not know if they have

I'd think that's perhaps a more reasonable size for the cloud function, would be harder to support the larger sizes reliably

I'd think that's perhaps a more reasonable size for the cloud function, would be harder to support the larger sizes reliably
Seems other systems can use the "cloud" without breaking up the file into 1 min segments. I can stream "You Tube" or FB video and I doubt those files are broken into 1 minute individual files and reassembled on my device.

Seems other systems can use the "cloud" without breaking up the file into 1 min segments. I can stream "You Tube" or FB video and I doubt those files are broken into 1 minute individual files and reassembled on my device.

talking about uploading to the cloud, not streaming, even Blackvue don't have high bitrate it's still double what you find on YouTube, the wireless on these cameras is not exactly high speed either so not really comparable to what you get from a mobile or tablet, not making excuses for them but it's not as simple as it might seem

Back