Is there a way to rotate 90 degrees? (Not 180 degrees)

Glad I wasn't the only person interested in this challenge. Agree, I want the same image orientation I have now - just want the device "sideways". I just might fiddle with a cable / lens extension (just seems easier and more secure

There is a temporary fix.

If you have VLC player, you can rotate the video any degree.

Open up the file, go to Tools-->Adjustments and Effects-->click the Video Effects tab---> then Geometry tab--> check box Rotate. Use the dial to adjust how you want it. VLC will save this setting so if you later play a file you want to view normally, you have to go back and uncheck rotate.

Screenshots added below.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 18
I realise that it can be done in an editing package, I want it to come in the correct orientation straight from the camera.

Thanks anyway

Frank

When you say "temporary fix" do you mean the files can't be saved with the new/rotated orientation?
[
There is a temporary fix.

If you have VLC player, you can rotate the video any degree.

When you say "temporary fix" do you mean the files can't be saved with the new/rotated orientation?
[
Correct. You can only view in VLC player this way. You are not reecnoding anything. Just flipping the image via VLC player

I wanted to mount the mobius on the side of my helmet but didn't want it to stick out so with the small lens extension cable and a bit of case trimming you can rotate the camera module 90 degrees in the case and it still fits in the mount cradle.
You have to move the cmos module to the front slot of the case, trim off the rear tabs and make a slot for the ribbon to go through and enlarge the front opening a little. I used a small drill and square file to make the slots in the case for the camera ears to stick out.

Also put a piece of wind foam in front of the mic to help with wind noise.

Lens will stick out a little more when done

I plan on spraying it with Plastdip to help with moisture and dust but don't expect it to be waterproof.
It doesn't stick out any further than my intercom on the other side of my helmet. I used an extra mount left over from my intercom to make the stick on mount pad.

Like Jim, I'd like a 90 degree option too. Don't want to start messing about converting footage with software (which I don't have), just want it straight from the camera.

Frank
I agree with you on this one I would like the option of 90 degrees because on my motorcycle 996 SuperHawk you can NOT mount to handle bars or anything like that .

I would like to mount it to my helmet at 90 degrees as you have said not so intrusive and notable when mounted at 90 degrees.
Also on Techman video he mentions about it looking stupid mounted on top of his helmet when he went riding to test the camera first hand.

Really would like to see the 90 degree option though.

I wanted to mount the mobius on the side of my helmet but didn't want it to stick out so with the small lens extension cable and a bit of case trimming you can rotate the camera module 90 degrees in the case and it still fits in the mount cradle.
You have to move the cmos module to the front slot of the case, trim off the rear tabs and make a slot for the ribbon to go through and enlarge the front opening a little. I used a small drill and square file to make the slots in the case for the camera ears to stick out.

Also put a piece of wind foam in front of the mic to help with wind noise Web-based video rotator.

Lens will stick out a little more when done

I plan on spraying it with Plastdip to help with moisture and dust but don't expect it to be waterproof.
It doesn't stick out any further than my intercom on the other side of my helmet. I used an extra mount left over from my intercom to make the stick on mount pad.

When I import a photo and it needs to be rotated 90 degrees how do I do it without going through the very cumbersome menu rotation which is in 15-degree increments? Can't believe there is not a one-step 90-degree rotation possible.

When I import a photo and it needs to be rotated 90 degrees how do I do it without going through the very cumbersome menu rotation which is in 15-degree increments? Can't believe there is not a one-step 90-degree rotation possible.
I use windows photo viewer, rotate the picture and in 4 turns it is back where it started. I think each turn is 90 degrees and at least on my computer it stays where I last rotated the picture.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iScoot650 Mobius 9
J Mobius 12
Back