Is there any file size comparison H.265 VS H.264 on Viofos?

I don't think all and sundry in the legal profession are ignorant to technology. They can't afford to be. But an easily played format is essential and not a format that is in it's infancy to the public.

You're quite right, not all are technologically ignorant. But some are and once you submit a file to an insurance company, attorney, law enforcement or whomever, things are out of your hands and there's nothing you can do if the files can't easily be viewed by someone in the chain of custody. That's what we need to guard against and the reason for submitting files that practically anyone can view easily.

P.S. Once, some time ago I hired an attorney to handle a case for me and he had so much trouble operating his computer I had to stand behind him at his desk showing him what to do.

Last edited:
Sadly driving standards have gone downhill so dashcams have become a necessity in some areas :(

Sadly driving standards have gone downhill so dashcams have become a necessity in some areas :(

What's getting to me these days are the idiots on cell phones not paying any attention to the road in front of them. I live on a relatively quiet rural road and just this morning I saw a woman drive past my house doing about 30 mph or more while looking down at her lap at a phone. I watched as her car drove about 100 yards or so down the road until her car disappeared behind a privet hedge and she never looked up the whole time! She's the second person this week I've witnessed doing that. People are always coming by my place walking, jogging, on bicycles or horseback. Wild and domestic animals are always crossing the road. The whole scenario is a tragedy waiting to happen which happens to be how using hand held devices while driving became illegal here in the first place but no one pays attention to the law and the problem appears to be getting worse.

Similar in the UK but police sometimes crack down on it. Could I respectfully ask if the thread could return to the original subject please.

I understand but it too easy to drift and other people stop reading the topic.

You should have billed him by the hour; just like he was doing to you ;)

I recall joking with him along those lines at the time as I had just handed him a check to cover his retainer. If the situation had gone on longer than it did or happened again the next time I was in his office I probably would have asked for remuneration.

Hey folks, quick question since the subject is about H.265 and H.264. Does the A119v3 uses H.264 by default when it records videos? still learning things about my A119 V3, its my first dash cam.

Back