Is this a G55W

Cr170

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone can confirm if this can is a generic Chinese cam as I can't seem to find any info on on it. Bought it from Amazon here in the UK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 17
I have not used one personally, but it looks like an unbranded version.
What Amazon listing did you buy from, and what are the specs on a file recorded by the camera?

Also it's a little hard to tell, but some G55Ws do not seem to have pins or at least I can't see them
ldHfzaD.png

Picture from here

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for replying... I have actually taken it apart as i intend to try and fit a new battery as it only lasts 10 seconds off power supply, Also if the car stands for more than a few days i think the battery is going flat and possibly corrupting the boot up files as some times it hangs on the red car splash screen and the only way to get it to re boot is to leave it on a charge supply for an hour two and hit the re set button... it will then load and run fine.

Like I say I have taken it apart, looking around the internet and specs it seems like it may be a re badge mash up... I will up load some pictures of the chip set see what you think.

Files are stored in CARDV-MOVIE in .MOV

Last edited:
Hope you can read the chip info... Not a lot of info on the battery... I may even mount one externally if I need to I would just need to check voltage of the cell.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 15
96650 is good to see. You should get decent video out of it, and that looks like the usually battery to go with it from what I remember of cracking my G1W open.

To be fair the daytime video is very good hence why I would like to try and keep it going for a while... i have managed to find a 3.7v battery out of another cheap unit that will fit ... Well after a bit of work it will....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 8
Bit of a thread revival but thought i would show you my current attempt in keeping my old faithful G55 alive, with its Novatek chip it doesn't let itself down with daytime video quality hence why i keep working on it. Although I do have 3 other cams namely the A118-C. I use this one in my work vehicle so the way she looks is fine. I gave up with trying to get a bigger battery mounted inside the unit as there isn't a lot of room ... so I decided to make sure it has enough grunt this time and mounted it on the outside, Works a treat LOL

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 8
Bit of a thread revival but thought i would show you my current attempt in keeping my old faithful G55 alive, with its Novatek chip it doesn't let itself down with daytime video quality hence why i keep working on it. Although I do have 3 other cams namely the A118-C. I use this one in my work vehicle so the way she looks is fine. I gave up with trying to get a bigger battery mounted inside the unit as there isn't a lot of room ... so I decided to make sure it has enough grunt this time and mounted it on the outside, Works a treat LOL
If you can hide the battery out of the way of direct sunlight, it'll last much longer.

Direct sunlight ... I'm in the UK we don't get much of that... LOL but yeh i get what you mean, Batteries are cheap ;-)

Back