Is this footage as 'sharp' as it should be?

If you're going to print screen and post it here - you need to know that .jpg is a lossy format, meaning it will look a bit worse than what you were seeing, save it as a .png instead.

If you're going to print screen and post it here - you need to know that .jpg is a lossy format, meaning it will look a bit worse than what you were seeing, save it as a .png instead.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind :)

I'm not sure it's really worth worrying about since the MPEG video compression will already have thrown away everything that normal JPG compression will. Saving an image in jpg with a fairly low compression ratio should be indistinguishable.

This image from my 0803 yesterday using a polariser filter was saved using RegistratorViewer's "save current frame" menu which uses jpg:

Volvo.jpg

Note that there are still some dash reflections at the edges where the light enters the filter at a large angle, in the centre the reflections are completely filtered out. Doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the sharpness of the car's plate and the lack of reflections makes the plate clearer. (Click image for full size)

Well I got the filter and so far, during the day, it works great. I was worried at first that it might be too big but it actually fits great and doesn't vignette at all. I only wish that the filter was anodized black instead of silver. I figure I'll get some paint or a marker. ;)

Here are pictures of the mounting ring and filter attached to my Mini 0803.

tn_photo 1.JPG tn_photo 2.JPG tn_photo 3.JPG

I was ready to do a complete write-up and then found this: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/found-this-magnetic-polarizer-filter.3852/
It's the exact filter I purchased and shows pictures of the filter and mounting ring off the camera, with some pictures of performance on page two.

Thanks for your mini review, and I'll check out that other one too

Back