Is this powerbank with DC12v / 24 V is good to power up in parking mode ?

sierramike

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi!

Can anyone inform if this powerbank with DC out 12v /24 V is good to power up Thinkware dash cams ...or will it toast it...

https://www.xtpower.de/XT-20000Q2-Powerbank-mobiler-externer-USB-Akku-mit-20400mAh

pecifications for the Powerbank XT-20000QC2
Compatibility DC output
Compatibility USB output
measurements and weight
working temperature
Output USB
Output DC
Input Micro USB
Input DC round socket
battery pack
technologyLithium ions with 75.5 Wh
capacity20400 mAh / 3.7V
Life expectancyabout 500 charging cycles
round socket5.5 x 2.1 mm
charging13-20 V max. 3A (about 30W)
Full chargeabout 3 hours at 20V 1.5A from 0 to 100%
RifleMicro USB
charging5V max. 2.1A (about 10W)
Full chargeabout 8-9 hours from 0 to 100%
tension12V, 16.5V, 19V, 20V, 24V with up to 4A (50W continuous, 65W max.)
functionVoltage switchable via push button
Dimensions DC round socket5.5 x 2.1mm
USB QC 2.01x USB QC 2.0 with 5V 2.1A / 9V 2A / 12V 2A
USB 21x USB 5V 2.1A
Charge0 - 45 ° C
business0 - 45 ° C
L x W x H174 x 78 x 21.5 mm
mass450 g
  • Device types: mobile phone, smartphone, tablet PC, camera, video camera, navigation devices, and much more.
  • Charging function: Devices with a charging voltage of 5V with up to 2.1A charging current.
  • Charging function QC 2.0: For compatible devices, the power bank automatically adjusts the charging voltage between 5 and 12V.
  • Continuous operation: devices with an operating voltage of 5V and a current consumption of 100mA to 2.1A
  • Cable included: USB to Micro-USB charging cable.
  • Basically, you can always use the original USB charging cable of your device.
  • For Apple devices, please use Apple's original charging cable.
Important: Before purchasing, please check whether the available adapters in the scope of delivery or one of the additional adapters (in the shop under XTPower accessories ) are compatible with your device.

For notebooks and notepads, the following adapters are available as part of the package:
ASony, Fujitsu, Panasonic - 6.0x4.25mm
CIBM, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Asus - 5.5x2.5mm
DAsus, HP, NEC, Toshiba, BenQ - 5.5x2.1mm
eAcer, Toshiba, Sony - 5.5x1.7mm
FSamsung - 4.8x1.7mm
HAsus, HP, NEC, Delta, Compaq - 5.0x1.0mm
IDell, HP - 7.4x5.0x0.6mm
KIBM, Lenovo, Sony - 7.9x5.4x0.9mm
adapter cablePlug A for device connection 5.5x2.1mm
Plug B for adapter 5.5x2.1mm
Other adapters can be found in our shop under accessories for the DC output .

Continuous operation of devices at the DC output is possible from a power consumption of approx. 4 watts.

The matching connection cables for your Apple MacBook can also be found in the accessories for the DC output .

thanks

Always in recording mode ?

Is there any way to enable Parking mode with a external battery despite the iVolt Mini External Battery ?

other question, when using a battery you need to connect the hard wiring to the car fuse-box to enable the parking mode ?

Sorry my questions... i'm a newbie with Thinkware i'm just preparing myself to a Q800pro

ok, so what is the best choice for a external battery and avoid using the car wiring ?

Cellink Neo and iVolt Mini External Battery only ?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the iVolt so can't comment on that, the feedback on the Cellink product is quite positive overall, none of these types of batteries are cheap

:( in Europe do you suggest any store?

Thanks

Why you are not considering Cellink Neo / Black Vue?

other question, when using a battery you need to connect the hard wiring to the car fuse-box to enable the parking mode ?

Cellink Neo / Black Vue have to be powered only while driving (by fuse-box, cigarette lighter socket etc.). Hardwire Kit should be connected to the power bank only.

Why you are not considering Cellink Neo / Black Vue?

Cellink Neo / Black Vue have to be powered only while driving (by fuse-box, cigarette lighter socket etc.). Hardwired Kit should be connected to the power bank only.

Well i was considering the cheapest solution ... Powerbank XT-20000QC2... but it seams that will not work because it will be on driving - recording mode always...

so i can consider Cellink Neo / Black Vue or iVolt Mini External Battery ... in both situations they have high price.
But if this is the best solution... i will go to.

what is the recommendation for Thinkware Dash cam, Cellink Neo / Black Vue or iVolt Mini External Battery?

what model do you recommend for Cellink Neo for Thinkware ?

Thanks

what is the recommendation for Thinkware Dash cam, Cellink Neo / Black Vue or iVolt Mini External Battery?
what model do you recommend for Cellink Neo for Thinkware ?
In what car are you going to install camera?
How many hours per day parking mode have to work?
How many hours per day are you driving?

Last edited:
Here the answer:
during week:
In what car are you going to install camera? - Mercedes A class W177
How many hours per day parking mode have to work? - During Night - between 19:00 to 07:00
How many hours per day are you driving? - 30 minutes morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon
during weekend : it depends

Your car is new. Climat in Portugal is hot - there is no risk of reducing car battery capacity by low temperature.
So - if you are looking for cheap option you should consider hardwiring using only hardwire kit, without power bank.

yes. it becomes hot on summer :)

Yes its a solution, nevertheless i want to avoid the wiring to the car battery.
With this tread i understand now that the best option is to use one of this ( Cellink Neo / Black Vue or iVolt Mini External Battery )

i will start looking for amazon / ebay to get a good promotion,

about this two models any advises ?

Cellink Neo / Black Vue VS iVolt Mini External Battery to power up Thinkware.

Thanks!

yes. it becomes hot on summer :)

Yes its a solution, nevertheless i want to avoid the wiring to the car battery.
With this tread i understand now that the best option is to use one of this ( Cellink Neo / Black Vue or iVolt Mini External Battery )

I recommend Cellink Neo 6 / Black Vue B-124. Those power banks are the same, made at the same factory.
B-122 capacity is two small for 2-CH and time required.

I don't have any experience nor knowledge about iVolt.

i will start looking for amazon / ebay to get a good promotion,

Do not expect any good promotion. This type of batteries is not widely offered and made only in Korea.

I recommend Cellink Neo 6 / Black Vue B-124. Those power banks are the same, made at the same factory.
B-122 capacity is two small for 2-CH and time required.

I don't have any experience nor knowledge about iVolt.

Do not expect any good promotion. This type of batteries is not widely offered and made only in Korea.

i will search for information for Cellink Neo 6 / Black Vue B-124

do you have any manual for this Battery ?

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B F800 / F800 PRO 7
Back