Is this the way "Impact during Parking Mode" is supposed to work?

tel2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I arrived home yesterday, and noticed a notification on my iPhone that "an impact was detected during parking mode." The notice was time stamped at 1757, which was when I arrived home and connected to my home wifi. As I looked at the event videos, the only video that was marked as an event was a video that occurred just as I was leaving work 45 minutes earlier, when I went over a speed bump (about a minute after pulling out from the parking space). That means that the notification was delayed by 45 minutes. Further, there was no voice notification.

I confirmed that the voice notification for this type of event is turned on, but all cloud-related notifications are turned off.

On firmware 1.009.

Is this normal behavior? I think the iOS notification and voice notification should have happened at the time of the event, and not when I connected to the cloud 45 minutes later.

I think the iOS notification and voice notification should have happened at the time of the event, and not when I connected to the cloud 45 minutes later.

how are you going to get an iOS notification without connecting to the cloud?

how are you going to get an iOS notification without connecting to the cloud?
Dammit. You’re right. Should have known that. Then, as to the second part of my question regarding lack of voice notification- any thought? All my other voice notifications seem to be working well.

not sure how their voice notifications work, I can see why the event notification was time stamped incorrectly as they've based that on the time you received the notification rather than the actual event time, don't think that's how it should work though as it's counter intuitive

Didn't 1.009 change the behaviour - whereby impacta occurring within 3 minutes (or something) of coming out of parking mode don't result in an alert - was the speed bump soon after you started moving?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The release notes for 1.009 are poorly written. My bet is that the camera itself won't announce "impacts" within a couple of minutes of entering/exiting parking mode. But we already know it still records 'Event' files, and my bet is the apps/cloud are just using the existence of those Event files as the trigger to announce that way. I don't use apps or the cloud, so I can't confirm myself.

Brad.

The release notes for 1.009 are poorly written. My bet is that the camera itself won't announce "impacts" within a couple of minutes of entering/exiting parking mode. But we already know it still records 'Event' files, and my bet is the apps/cloud are just using the existence of those Event files as the trigger to announce that way. I don't use apps or the cloud, so I can't confirm myself.

Brad.
Interesting thought. If true, then it should announce eventually. I’ll try to check this out.

closing trunk and doors in parkingmode will be recognized as a event;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR650S 12
B DR650S 15
Back