Issue about file name

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's the explanation of the file name:

-Event: Critical event videos detected by G-Sensor activity or manually locked by the user.
The file name format is
20300128_140633_0008_E_A.MP4
20300128_140633_0008_E_B.MP4
20300128_140633_0008_E_C.MP4
-Normal: Standard videos recorded. This folder saves loop recording videos, parking mode videos, and time-lapse videos.
The file name format of the Loop Recording video is:
20300128_140633_0008_N_A.MP4;
The file name format of the Parking Mode video is:
20300128_140633_0007_P_A.MP4;
The file name format of the Time-Lapse video is:
20300128_140633_0006_T_A.MP4.
-Photo: Photos files.
-All: All the standard videos and critical event videos recorded.
Note: The suffix A represents the files recorded by the front camera, the suffix B represents the files recorded by the cabin camera, and the suffix C represents the files recorded by the rear camera.

I have not been able to test parking guard on my E2 test sample as i have no hardwire kit.
I do know the way of adding a suffix to file named to be able to tell things apart, but it is not a preferred way of mine, though i must also say i have no personal experience with this since almost a decade ago when i had a Lukas dashcam.
I am used to events going into the event / RO folder, and as i use low bitrate for parking guard, that footage being in among the normal files, but easy to find as the file size are much smaller.

I also like cameras that take a picture when you press the event button, CUZ many weeks later when i get around to pull some footage from the memory card, well it can be hard to remember where and why you pressed the button, a picture are a nice " flag " to use to find the actual event.

Of course if i had a major event i would pull the footage at once, and having no problem finding it.

Actually for many years i did not use event button but just memory, meaning some times i had to spend a lot of time finding a event as i could not remember 100 % where it happened, and in other cases i totally forgot the event.
Using event button are much better, and with 256 GB memory card i have old footage in there going back many many months as the camera do not generate any automatic events, well at least as long as people do not hit my car while it is parked and parking guard are on.

E2 is doing well, stronger than other cameras at least on the memory card front, CUZ it will use memory cards my viofo cameras will not handle, and in my book that is a big + enabeling people to more or less just buy the memory card they like and not be locked to a few brands / models.

We appreciate your insights and are glad to hear that the E2 is performing well for you.

Regarding the parking guard feature, we understand that you haven't been able to test it due to the lack of a hardwire kit. We recommend considering purchasing the hardwire kit, as it can provide additional benefits such as an uninterrupted power supply and voltage protection.

Regarding your preference for file organization, we understand that adding a suffix to file names may not be your preferred method. However, you can search on the photo file for the picture that you pressed the button for. And I'll also let our technology team know that and see if we can add a file for important footage.

We are glad to hear that you appreciate the event button and the ability to take pictures. We strive to offer features that provide convenience and ease of use for Vantrue users.

Back