Issues with Dome Z7 freezing at bootup

TheChad

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, my Dome Z7 has decided to no longer properly boot. It now freezes on the screen with the red car during boot up.

I tried using the reset button and it does nothing.

Is there a way to fix this? Maybe update the firmware somehow?

Any help would be appreciated since it is useless right now.

Thank you very much.

There is no firmware update as far as I know. You can try g1w/h firmware but I haven't tested it.

Does it boot properly if you take the card out?

There is no firmware update as far as I know. You can try g1w/h firmware but I haven't tested it.

Does it boot properly if you take the card out?
I'm wary about trying another firmware, but I guess I can't really damage it anymore.

Is there a way to re-download the original firmware?

As for taking the card out, it has no effect. Still stuck at the red Mercedes. Don't even get the weird noise it usually makes when booting up.

EDIT: When connected to the computer I get the Mass Storage and Camera options and it transfers files fine like that. I haven't tried selecting the camera option when connected to the computer.

I suggested to try g1w or g1wh firmware only if it's not working and original firmware is not available.
It may work since they all are based on nt96650 chip but need to get correct fw name to rename so the camera can read it.

Contact dome manufacturer here to see if you can download z7 firmware or at least get the correct firmware name.

I suggested to try g1w or g1wh firmware only if it's not working and original firmware is not available.
It may work since they all are based on nt96650 chip but need to get correct fw name to rename so the camera can read it.

Contact dome manufacturer here to see if you can download z7 firmware or at least get the correct firmware name.

I tried contacting the manufacturer but didn't receive a response. I guess I need to figure out the firmware and possibly brick it, although that isn't much different than now.

Dome Z7 already stopped mass production

Umm... ok... thanks? Not really sure how this is relevant.

I tried contacting the manufacturer but didn't receive a response. I guess I need to figure out the firmware and possibly brick it, although that isn't much different than now.

Umm... ok... thanks? Not really sure how this is relevant.
That means you won't get any support or any work on software from manufacturer anymore.

Back