issues with Itronics ITB-100HD

myolford

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I recently purchased a Itronics ITB-100HD which worked ok for a day, now the unit does nothing. No beeps or bleeps just a red light on at the front and rear all the time. I tried a different sd card but it made difference, any suggestions?
Thanks

If the light is coming on but not doing anything, it is receiving power. Try one more SD card otherwise I think it is defective.

Did you accidentally connect the power cable to to the "video out" socket and thus fry your camera?

No I covered that hole over to make sure that wouldn't happen

myolford said:
No beeps or bleeps just a red light on at the front and rear all the time.
There's a light on the front?
Why doesn't mine have that?

1. Try to format the card on PC. Keep it as FAT32.
Copy the original ITB-100HD setup folder which is containing the setup.bin file on the camera SD Card.
or
2. If still not working try to press for more than 5 seconds the mute button.
or
3.Try to flash again the firmware using these instruction:
http://dashcamtalk.com/itronics-itb-100 ... structions

good luck,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ExMet,

Look closely at your ITB-100HD. It should have a very small led up front, to the left of the lens. Here is a Korean page on replacing the LED with a more powerful one like the ITB-100HD SP. Not sure why anyone would want to do this.

Maybe the LED reflecting on windows will keep activated the motion detect feature when car is in Parking Mode? If yes, shock sensing is not enough?
But the real reason I think is some accident involved the car, that LED will be so bright and other people from accident scene will see a camera is there and recorded the accident.
The stupid reason can be to tell thieves: "hey, a camera is recording you right now!". A dumb thief will go away and a smart one will steal the camera and other interesting things from the car without being recorded.

enjoy,
Mtz

I checked my camera again and it does have an LED on the front. When I look at my camera from outside my car I don't see it lit up.
Is it supposed to light up?

Look when is complete dark outside and be sure the camera is on, no matter if recording or in parking mode.

enjoy,
Mtz

Checked the camera closely in complete darkness. The front LED is there and does in fact light up.

ok reformatted the sd card using fat32
I copied the firmware file onto the blank sd card, put this in the camera but nothing happened pressed the mic button 5 secs nothing happened.

"Copy the original ITB-100HD setup folder which is containing the setup.bin file on the camera SD Card." How would I do this ?

Are you sure in the root of the SD card is a file exactly named as itb100hdfw.bin case sensitive?
Try another cards.

I don't know if the setup folder will help you but worth a try.

Good Luck,
Mtz

Attachments

Mtz, thanks for the responses, nothing has worked, looks like the camera unit is faulty. Now to do battle with the eBay seller in Korea......

So as expected no luck with the seller, refuses to answer emails. I contacted Itronics directly with the issue this was their response :
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail.

Please let me know your location so that I can introduce our regional sales representative in your country.

You can also buy it from our authorized seller on E-bay.
Please refer to below link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281053033426

Best regards,
Paul Kim / Sales director

I gave them the eBay sellers details and this was the next response:
Dear Sir,

We do not have representative in UAE.

Please buy from below link as I recommended. The other e-bay sellers were not our authorized one and eliminate on e-bay by VERO (Verified rights of owner) program.

Best regards,
Paul Kim

So it seems if you have a unit that was purchased from any other unofficial source, Itronics will not honour any warranty.
My unit was less than a month old used only once and now is just about as useful as tits on a nun.

Please use this information when considering buying ANY Itonics product !!!!
My advice DONT !!!!
If they are not willing to offer product support then spend your money somewhere else

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to go with the camera to some phones repairing center maybe they will accept to look inside it and identify the problem. Maybe some connection with the CMOS lens module is not OK. Even you can open the camera and look inside if you have no chances to solve the problem with the vendor.

myolford said:
So it seems if you have a unit that was purchased from any other unofficial source, Itronics will not honour any warranty.
My unit was less than a month old used only once and now is just about as useful as tits on a nun.

Please use this information when considering buying ANY Itonics product !!!!
My advice DONT !!!!
If they are not willing to offer product support then spend your money somewhere else

it's disappointing when they just walk away from a customer problem like this, I understand dealer networks and all but obviously someone official sold it someone at some stage, how are you to know

I wonder when they get like this how often customers then go and buy an official one and send the faulty one back to the official supplier for warranty

Mind sharing which vendor was this

Itronics is starting to get on my nerves.
They could at least honor the warranty on cameras bought before their clamp down.
Seriously! How was the consumer supposed to know that an ebay seller with a 99-100 rating is unauthorized or that the warranty on a brand new product would not be honored?
How many of their cameras require replacement? Do they not realize that for every customer they treat this way, they are losing 5-10 customers who read this?

Itronics' attitude should be included in the dashcam comparison.
Also, the OP should contact Itronics again and refer them to this post (and forum) and bring to their attention that they stand to gain much more than they stand to lose if they treat Itronics camera owners as valued customers even if the cameras were purchased from unauthorized sellers.

ExMet said:
Itronics is starting to get on my nerves.
They could at least honor the warranty on cameras bought before their clamp down.
Seriously! How was the consumer supposed to know that an ebay seller with a 99-100 rating is unauthorized or that the warranty on a brand new product would not be honored?
How many of their cameras require replacement? Do they not realize that for every customer they treat this way, they are losing 5-10 customers who read this?

yep, very poor of them to just walk away from their obligation, the more this happens the more it highlights that maybe their quality control processes aren't so great, people can accept that things go wrong and be ok with that if they receive good service and support, I think their attitude stinks

Back