issues with Itronics ITB-100HD

Just today, a vendor having cancelled my order without reason, I thought if it might be better to order a branded product instead, with a known manufacturer standing behind his products. And I have seriously considered the ITB-100HD. Good to know about their after-sales policies...

Hi ExMet,

As you can see, I no longer recommend the Itronics product on the dash cam comparison page. Warranty from the manufacturer was always suspect hence I put the warning clearly on the page. But at $170, lack of warranty wasn't a big deal.

At $170, these cameras were selling well on eBay. At $250, they are not. So the only big loser here is Itronics.

hi myolford,

exactly the same happened to me yesterday. :( The camera was used every day and after 2 months it just suddenly broke.
- Camera gets power (12V car cigarette lighter socket)
- Front led (red) and back led (pale red) light up.
- No beep, no record, nothing happens. (I waited 5 minutes)
- After power is cut, the back led slowly fades.
- This is the behavior whether the SD card is inserted or not.

I also contacted my seller... :?

Could you find out something? Did you sent your unit for repair?
I do have some electrical skills, maybe I could repair myself if it's reparable.

Anybody knows a sales representative of Itronics in Europe?

Thanks.

Hi there,
No I had no joy with the seller and Itronics were useless.
They offered no support at all, there answer was to buy another of there units from one of there recommended sellers.
I have not had the camera looked at as yet, I have tried a few times to see if by some miracle it had cured itself but no such luck. Its a $200 paper weight at the moment.

Back