Issues with my new X2

We don't have many customers using Samsung cards, so I'm glad you have other brands/sizes to test to confirm things are stable with the right combination. Also, 32GB will be natively formatted FAT32 in the camera. 64GB and up will be formated exFAT. I rarely have anyone report issues with 32GB cards.

Could this be an exfat issue? I hesitate to buy new cards if all exfat formatted cards do this.
I am looking at this card: Lexar High-Performance UHS-I 633x MicroSD (64GB) MLC [LSDMI64GBBNL633R]
It is from the link you posted a moment ago.
If you recommend that the card in question is a good one for this dashcam, I am cool with buying them.

It's not 100% confirmed, but the test results using MLC cards were much better over the last few months from several users.

It's not 100% confirmed, but the test results using MLC cards were much better over the last few months from several users.
I will go ahead and order them. They should be here Saturday. I will let you guys know how they work out.

Thanks everyone!

First day to drive to work and back (1h to 1.5 h one way, 80 miles round trip) in the car with this camera.
The Lexar 64gb I mentioned above work just fine.

I guess we can mark off the Samsung Pro cards as not working with this camera. :)

I'll continue using the Lexar and report back if there are any issues, but I think the original 64gb cards were to blame here. I am goign to still use them though, I have some SDCard readers that are USB3, maybe they will come in handy there. Or maybe the old BlackVue DR500GW could use them. (have to check the SD card size ability on that one)

Thanks everyone!

Out of interest, can you check whether your Samsung Pro cards are real or fake using H2testw? You said they were "cheap", so given that you're having problems with them and these cards should be high-spec tech, I suspect they are fake.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-an...b-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

I will check/test tonight. I bought them off Amazon and *thought* was was buying them from Amazon itself, but I just went through my receipt and it looks like I bought them via a 3rd party, selling off of Amazon Prime called WhiteRock.
So I got the free shipping from Amazon Prime, and it came from an Amazon warehouse, it was just not Amazon's product.
I paid $44 each, they are $49 each via Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the link, I will let you know what I find.

Running the app now. Will let you know sometime tomorrow. It says it is going to take 1h 45m to complete each SD Card.

Running the app now. Will let you know sometime tomorrow. It says it is going to take 1h 45m to complete each SD Card.
So the first test is s dud. The laptop we were testing with decided it would go to sleep. It said it was defective, but I imagine going to sleep while testing would not bode well for a test. Running the test again tonight to make sure.

So the first test is s dud. The laptop we were testing with decided it would go to sleep. It said it was defective, but I imagine going to sleep while testing would not bode well for a test. Running the test again tonight to make sure.

How did it go?

How did it go?
Funny you should ask, the first I believe is a dud, it will only verify just over 16gb of data, then error out. I lost the second one, and found it literally 5 minutes ago. :)
I am testing it now. Should know something tonight. If it fails the first time, I give it the benefit, and format and test again. I am past the return on these, I might get good will or some such, but it is doubtful.

As an FYI, for a few dollars more, i was able to buy the Lexar ones that seem to be one of the best to get, and they perform wonderfully. They are listed in a post above.

Second SD Card is a dud as well, same issue. 15.7Gb (not 16gb, I was thinking of something else) on both and the rest is "corrupted". Amazon is allowing me to return them. I did put a note that both have the same issue and to contact me with specifics if needed. Though I doubt that will happen.

Got the GPS installed today as well. Getting good green signal almost everywhere. Not so much in my garage though. :)
Drove around for a couple miles and stopped and started a few times as well. Signal lock was pretty fast outside.

Thanks to everyone that helped with this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an issue with my Panorama X2 not shutting off and draining the battery. It seems to be functioning fine when the car is running, then does go into Park mode as expected, but instead of shutting down as I've asked it to, it just keeps recording and recording. First I had it in DRIVE only but that didn't make any difference. Then I set the battery voltage shutdown voltage level, but that didn't make any difference either. Any other ideas what I can change to make it just shut down when the engine's off? I'll try setting the motion and G sensors to Off in park mode too in the mean time.

I should say this doesn't happen consistently every time, sometimes it shuts down fine.

I've got an issue with my Panorama X2 not shutting off and draining the battery. It seems to be functioning fine when the car is running, then does go into Park mode as expected, but instead of shutting down as I've asked it to, it just keeps recording and recording. First I had it in DRIVE only but that didn't make any difference. Then I set the battery voltage shutdown voltage level, but that didn't make any difference either. Any other ideas what I can change to make it just shut down when the engine's off? I'll try setting the motion and G sensors to Off in park mode too in the mean time.
I should say this doesn't happen consistently every time, sometimes it shuts down fine.

Could you please check if it hardwired correctly: yellow wire to constant battery fuse, red to switching ( ACC / ignition ) fuse and ground to car body ?
Please check with auto circuit tester if corresponding fuses are functioning as required, especially the one where you run red wire to, if its switching off after you turn off car engine and remove keys from ignition.

Back