Issues with SG9665GC

sjakub

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I just bought a new SG9665GC, from amazon.ca.
It came with SG20160323.V2 firmware.

I am having some issues...

First is that when I cut off the power by disconnecting the camera, or turning off the car,
it turns off immediately and the file that was being recorded at that time is always corrupted
and cannot be played. I tried resetting it using the button on the side,
resetting menu to default settings, changing the "auto power off" option to different values.
I tried that using the car charger it came with, as well as a regular, desktop USB charger with a good cable.
Nothing helps.

The camera also resets the time to 2016-01-01 00:00 every time I turn it off and on.

Is there something wrong with it?

The other problem is that it looks like I have 4 pixels that are always white.
It's best seen when recording something dark.
I attached a screenshot (of that area) from a movie recorded when I covered the lens.
Those white pixels are always there and in the same spots.

Is there a way to fix those problems, or should I return it and get a replacement?

Thanks!
black.png

Based on the last file being corrupted, It sounds like you have some rare super cap problem. (also sounds like RTC button isn't connected correctly) Send me your original order number via private message or email and I'll take care of you.

The auto power off only applies when the camera is in a stand by state (not recording)

Hot pixels can be calibrated away via special procedure but since you need a new camera, no point focusing on that at this time.

Standing by,
~Jon

Show me one other company where only 3 minutes elapse between the time a problem is reported and a diagnosis made and commitment to rectify it.

ThumbsUp.jpg

Well if your fruit phone broke down right outside a fruit company store, then i guess it could happen.

IF.

There is no other customers in the shop.
The so called gurus is there to take care of you.
If the alotted daily ammount of returns and repairs is not passed yet for that store.
It is the second thursday of the week.

I would like to replace my windows phone ( yes the old windsow phone not 8.0 / 8.1 or win 10 ) for this one http://www.phonedroid.co.uk/umi-super.html but sadly i cant do that even though its "pretty cheap"

Back