ITB-100HB firmware 2.1

Hi I am sharing similar problem with 'fried' SD card. Car is parked under the scorching sun for the day. My itb-100hb is shipped with FW 2.1. Here are some photos.

:shock:
x1146t.jpg
xc0h00.jpg

Mitch said:
Hi I am sharing similar problem with 'fried' SD card. Car is parked under the scorching sun for the day. My itb-100hb is shipped with FW 2.1. Here are some photos.

you have a Blackview camera as well?

jokiin said:
Mitch said:

you have a Blackview camera as well?

Yes. The pittasoft microsd adapter is from my Blackvue DVR. I am using Blackvue DR400G, Blackvue DR380G and Blackvue DR500GW. I thought I give Itronics ITB100HD a try since the reviews were somewhat positive. ITB100 is suppose to manage the heat issue much better than Blackvue in hot SG weather.

I'm not sure those adapters are heat rated though as they're really only intended for PC use, if heat's an issue buy Sandisk extreme cards, they're rated up to about 85c from memory

jokiin said:
I'm not sure those adapters are heat rated though as they're really only intended for PC use, if heat's an issue buy Sandisk extreme cards, they're rated up to about 85c from memory

Sure. I will order one to try. I will either purchase the Sandisk extreme or Kingston ultimate SD card. They are expensive cards though, and on paper is able to handle heat up to 85 ºC or 185 ºF. My highest recorded car interior temperature is around 70 ºC or 158 ºF.

And maybe a better adapter even from SanDisk will not melt.
Maybe, because I have two adapters, one from SanDisk and one from another dash cam and the adapter from Livue dash cam is working better with my PC and also the material is harder than the one used by SanDisk. Maybe some chinese are cloning also the adapters using poor materials.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• MicroSD adapters.jpg
    MicroSD adapters.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 120
Mtz said:
Maybe some chinese are cloning also the adapters using poor materials.

enjoy,
Mtz

Quite possible, usually recycled plastic that buckles up with heat like that

Mtz said:
And maybe a better adapter even from SanDisk will not melt.
Maybe, because I have two adapters, one from SanDisk and one from another dash cam and the adapter from Livue dash cam is working better with my PC and also the material is harder than the one used by SanDisk. Maybe some chinese are cloning also the adapters using poor materials.

enjoy,
Mtz

This is another experiment using a SanDisk microsd-sd adapter with the car exposed to similar heat for a day.

Look carefully into the photos and you will some plastic sunk into the back of the card. However, I do agree Sandisk makes a better quality card adapter than the Pittasoft one.

m97tbr.jpg
dlq1zr.jpg

I'd suggest using an SD card rather than using MicroSD cards and an adapter, the cards are heat rated, I've never seen mention of the adapters being made for high temp usage

jokiin said:
I'd suggest using an SD card rather than using MicroSD cards and an adapter, the cards are heat rated, I've never seen mention of the adapters being made for high temp usage

I agree. I will be heat testing solely using a SD card instead of using a microsd in a SD adapter. This is a better way to compare and rank a set of SD cards from various manufacturer.

Even your future test with a SD card will show a not melted SD card this is not normal. I think some pins from your SD Card adapter from the ITB-100HD have problems.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Even your future test with a SD card will show a not melted SD card this is not normal. I think some pins from your SD Card adapter from the ITB-100HD have problems.

enjoy,
Mtz

I cut open one of my microsd-SD adapter card to have a better look inside. I suspect the microsd pins could be generating extra heat causing early damage to the microsd-SD card adapter. Perhaps this solves the mystery of the melted microsd-SD adapter cards indirect to the firmware 2.1?

Does anyone still get the shock sensing alarm?

Ever since I updated to the 2.1 firmware I've missed the shock sensing alarm even though it's been set to on :S

Back