ITB-100HD Mounting Tape

suparoo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2 with 200GB SanDisk Ultra microS Card & CPL
Does anybody know the exact Part No. for the 3M VHB Tape used for mounting the camera?

I have stuffed mine and have been searching for the tape on the 3M site but they have so many it is confusing
as to which is the right one.

Preferably an Australian supplier would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3M VHB Acrylic Foam Tape 4611F might be it.

Thanks for your reply jamesbcd.

I thought I read about somebody else inquiring about the mounting tape on the Forum but my search revealed nothing, hence the thread.
In my search inquiries I may have used the wrong word/s too.

I could not find any 3M VHB tape in the Retail shops, I ended up getting a product called UGlu Industrial Glue Strips Made in the USA.
So far the glue/tape is doing it's job, it is not as thick as the original 3M VHB tape, it is supposed to be able to hold signs etc to brickwork
so it should be good enough for the job.

suparoo said:
Thanks for your reply jamesbcd.

I thought I read about somebody else inquiring about the mounting tape on the Forum but my search revealed nothing, hence the thread.
In my search inquiries I may have used the wrong word/s too.

I've used a few different VHB tapes and this tape I found in Kmart is the best I've used with regards to its weather & heat resistance. The only downside to it is that's its White, but it's adhesion to ABS and glass is superior to all the others I've used.

from my iP5 via Tapa 2

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373718579.021693.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373718579.021693.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 282
K-Mart was the last place I would have looked for a VHB tape.

This is the one that I used.

uglu-adhesive-tape-1-x-3-strips-8-pack-large-4186.jpg

Kmart carry a bigger range in the USA than what we see in Australia, I'd be surprised if ours carried it

Personally, I used 3M Dual Lock (clear, 250/250)..
(Because I want to remove the camera under certain circumstances)

mediawebserver

It's the same 'velcro' used with my highway toll transponder..
The adhesive they use is 'industrial strength' designed for high-heat (so they say)..

http://www.shop3m.com/70006658416.html
(Comes in small 2 x 1"x3" strips, 'trial bags' or large spools)

Easy to get on Amazon or Ebay too.

Last edited by a moderator:
suparoo said:
I could not find any 3M VHB tape in the Retail shops, I ended up getting a product called UGlu Industrial Glue Strips Made in the USA.
So far the glue/tape is doing it's job, it is not as thick as the original 3M VHB tape, it is supposed to be able to hold signs etc to brickwork
so it should be good enough for the job.

Update: The camera is still in place after 2,000+ kms. :D :D

Further update on the UGlu mounting tape, it has failed the heat test now that we are having 28°C - 32°C weather and it's only Spring.

I can protect the dash cam itself with an internal sun shade when the car is parked in the sun, however the mount itself which is behind
the black dot windshield area is open to direct heat from the sun.

I have now remounted the dash cam using 3M Scotch Permanent Outdoor Mounting Tape (Cat. 4011), it is very similar in thickness to the OEM mounting tape
that came with the camera only it is grey in colour but you cannot see it due to the black dot windshield area.

516CF2164F2E1510E10080000AF11387.JPG

I now have to get some new "Where Did You Mount Your Dash Cam" pictures because I now have a new car too. :cool: :cool:

Thanks for that info Technowiz, it never crossed my mind to look at other Dash Cam suppliers for the tape.

Back