Itronics ITB100-HD SP BlackBox Settings Questions

unoriginalname

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to the dash cam scene and I have an ITB100-HD SP and have a few questions about the settings. Some of the videos I have seen on youtube look better than my source video, so I'm wondering what your settings are.

I am using the 12 Mbps mod so my files are about 85 MB per minute.

zBY3Fpo.png

The video has a lot of blocking in it. What settings can I change to improve that?

In addition, there are a few settings that are unlabeled. Does anyone know what they are?

My last question is about the "high quality audio." If I select "no" on it, will the audio be encoded in a different format? If so, what format? The "high quality audio" encodes it to Codec: U-Law, 7, CCITT U-Law, Bitrate: 128 Kbps, Sampling Rate: 16 KHz, Channel(s): 1 channel, Resolution: 8 bits per sample.

Thank you.

If i correct. ITB player use internal codec some PC may have some problem so they ask to choose PC performance when open ITB player. You can try play with another player such as media player classic with external codec ffdshow or install k-lite and see is it different.

In red circle are

First Row
Left: High performance PC
Center: Medium performance PC
Right: Low performance PC

Second Row
Ask about to choose pc performance every time when open program
Left: yes
Right: no

On 3rd question, I never try it.

If i correct. ITB player use internal codec some PC may have some problem so they ask to choose PC performance when open ITB player. You can try play with another player such as media player classic with external codec ffdshow or install k-lite and see is it different.

In red circle are

First Row
Left: High performance PC
Center: Medium performance PC
Right: Low performance PC

Second Row
Ask about to choose pc performance every time when open program
Left: yes
Right: no

On 3rd question, I never try it.

Thank you.

Does anyone know what filters are applied to "Video Post Processing? Low/Medium/High" and what "Video Noise Reduction does?" Does it apply a deblocking filter of some sort of some sort or perhaps a de-ringing filter?

The video has a lot of blocking in it. What settings can I change to improve that?

Not very much I'm afraid. Thes devices are miracles of miniaturisation, and the wonder isn't that they work, but that they work so well. But at the end of the day, tiny lenses and very low power plus writing files in real-time means that these cameras will never compete with even hand-held video recorders. I'm happy if I can get a rego plate at 25 meters--and at night I have to kill my headlights for a couple of seconds so the excess light (which my eyes can handle excellently) doesn't wash out the numbers...

Gordon.

Back