Its hot !!!!

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Yes its a warm day today ( 40Deg Celsius ATM )
Now I keep forgetting I got my self one of those laser thermometers .. ( or something )
Anyhow , point shoot and read the temperature ...

Did I say it was 40Deg C outside ...
Everything in the shade is about 50Deg C
In direct sunlight about 60 to 65 deg Celsius

Inside of my car is about 50Deg C ( Sun shade over front window , side windows open a little )
My cams are about 57 to 58 Deg Celsius ( That's smoking )
I think I need a better sunshade because I forgot to get a temp off the windshield ( was burning hot )
Even the plastic in the car was 55Deg Celsius

Yeah .. No sunshade and closed windows ..
yeah , like an oven ...

I know a guy that used to cook his glue inside a car , laminating wood and fiberglass ..
He could not afford a Hot Box to cook the glue , so just put his lamination's in the car ..
Did a good job ..

At least they have done away with vinyl seats , sweet Lord does anyone remember Vinyl seats on a 40deg Celsius day ? ( I do )
Butt wiping Holden and their Fn vinyl seats ...
Any car company that put vinyl seats in their cars = Burn in hell you #$@@!#%^

So thats why i can feel a slight heating of the right part of my neck as i sit up here facing due north :D

Wish i was down there, though 40 deg proberly is up there of what i like, but as long as i dont have to work in those temperatures i think i will be good.

Temps here dive below freezing again today, as low as -13 is forcast in the week to come.

Its 30 ish ATM and humid as SE Asia ..
Feels worse than a dry 40 I can tell you ...
Besides getting up @ 7.30am to go for a walk , I have been cowering behind air-conditioning all day ...
Went out a few times just to feel how warm it was , 5 minutes latter I thought , stuff it I'm going back inside ...

Seriously though , give me Winter anytime ... I can handle the Cool just fine , its the warm I cant stand ...

+3F (-16C) when I got up this morning. It's going to get colder before it gets warmer.

well when ppl have tried their hairs in the nose freezing up just by breathing, i think they will be less enthusiastic about cold weather.

I am not sure wich is cheapest, cooling down a house in a hot place, or heating a house in a cold place.
But i know i would go with the first option, cuz when it drop below +20 deg C i have to break out the thermal underwear, and so for those transition periods in autum and spring i either sweat like a pig or freeze my ass off.

Mild December, warmest Christmas in years but its pretty cold now. Lots of salt on the road and consequently my Rav. I am surprised my Dash cam can record things out of the rear window but it can.

POT HOLE SEASON IS ON ITS WAY!!!!

Seriously though , give me Winter anytime ... I can handle the Cool just fine , its the warm I cant stand ...
You mean your Winter time or ours? ;)

you and me both
+1. It's always easier to find a way of warming oneself up than to cool oneself down.

Aussi winter is a doddle :p
Hell So is Danish winter these days, but even winters of today is too much for my body, even though i am no longer build like a skeleton in a skin sack, the cold still go strait to my bones, not least the 1 finger i crushed a little as a teen, a little freezing and it feel like some one is pounding the tip of that finger with a hammer.

Imagine beeing 1.9 M tall and only beeing 60 kilos or so, not much on that body to hold the heat inside the body.

Well , I love snow ...
Lived in Sweden when I was young , and yes it can be cold .. ( But it does not last that long - depending on where you are )
Been to the mountains here when there has been decent snow and ( ?? ) No big deal ...

I really dont mind the cold , I know that -30 Deg Celsius or lower can be a real Bee Hive , much like +30 and beyond can be a Bee Hive ..
But out of the two I will take the cold ...

Modern cold weather clothing means you dont need to dress like the Michelin Man ..

Still , id be happy as Larry from -15 to +15 Celsius , like maybe Alaska ... Hmmmmm , the top end of the world rather than the Bee Hive end ....
Seriously , the Land of Oz is like a hot plate , especially in Summer ..

well when ppl have tried their hairs in the nose freezing up just by breathing, i think they will be less enthusiastic about cold weather.

I am not sure wich is cheapest, cooling down a house in a hot place, or heating a house in a cold place.
But i know i would go with the first option, cuz when it drop below +20 deg C i have to break out the thermal underwear, and so for those transition periods in autum and spring i either sweat like a pig or freeze my ass off.
In cold weather, it is best behind closed doors.

Back