I've obviously upset someone!

sludgeguts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.

I wonder if I have found the bloke holding the mobile?
Take a look at the comments!

I'm sure the police will be round in the morning :rolleyes:

Police can look petrol station cctv if this guy will sit into the truck later, this will prove he works for that company. Next step: police will request phone calls times from mobiles numbers which belongs to the guy and / or the company along with location they are made.
So at the end, they ( police ) can prove 100% that the guy was talking on the phone, because in the past I heard few exuses worked well like : " it wasnt a phone ... " , or " my phone was switched off ... " etc.

It is a law to not use mobile phones or is it a rule asked by the fuel company?

I think it's just a sign in petrol stations that originated in the belief that they could start fires, I believe.

Last edited:
see%20it%20say%20it.jpg

Some people are taking these words way too seriously.

watch the following re petrol and mobiles ;-)

Haha, that ending was funny.

Here is another good one.

I saw both of those when they were originally aired.
In both examples, though, the phone is simply being called. In neither programme was the call answered.
And what about the act of making a phone call?

Even if the mobile phone is completely harmless, the ban on using mobiles on a forecourt should, IMO, remain.
Just look at life in general - people with a mobile pinned to their ear tend to be far more distracted by the call - so not driving properly (not in full control) or even those out walking - people engrossed in calls walk out into the road without looking. I've seen mums trying to push a pram, negotiating uneven pavements etc whilst pinning a phone to their ear with their shoulder! (there's a great photo on the web highlighting this)

mobile-phone-zombies.jpg

Here i now see ppl in cars putting ther calls on the speaker of the phone, then they dont hold it up to the ear and i assume they think now it is not handheld so i cant get a fine.

sludgeguts
I think you have got a troll there.
Look at the posters history. No own videos: These comments (on your video) are not shown in their comment history for some reason: They like a lot of Portuguese videos (your foreign language, maybe?): Plus they have also liked a video about concreting.
I also feel that the two vids about mobile phones do not prove they are 100% safe to use on forecourts. Here in Spain it is also illegal to use them on forecourts. In general that law is adhered to, more than not driving and using a mobile. (Go figure that one :p)
Personally I would remove the comments he has made and ensure any comments on your videos are monitored.

The troll was obviously so upset that he contacted the owners of the mixer - who then commented & asked me to remove the video. Since they assert the guy is a driver for a different company, I decided to simply change the wording.

A pity the company didn't reply to the email I sent them originally. Although this latest comment might be their way of replying?

Back