ivolt BAB-50 and Cellink Neo Cables Compatible?

Gt1

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi All,

I currently own an ivolt BAB-50, and while it it does exactly what it says it would, I've found the battery capacity to be quite short (using it with U1000).

While researching around, I've noticed that the connectors used by the ivolt BAB-50 (not the BAB-100) and Blackvue Cellink Neo look quite similar for both input and output.

Does anyone know if the cables are compatible?

I wouldn't surprise me if they are, since Thinkware and Blackvue may source batteries from similar suppliers and ODMs.

I'm curious since it may give me an option to change to cellink without having to rewire the whole car.

Attachments

• 12927_1.jpg
    12927_1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16
  • thinkware-dash-cam-accessories-thinkware-ivolt-bab-50-battery-pack-blackboxmycar-5996784844855...jpg
    thinkware-dash-cam-accessories-thinkware-ivolt-bab-50-battery-pack-blackboxmycar-5996784844855...jpg
    37 KB · Views: 13
Just to following up on this thread, the ivolt and Cellink batterys are both manufactured by Egen (it says it on the back of my ivolt).

The input power connectors are the same (both using an Xt60 female connection) and the output connectors appear to be the same. All power specifications of the batteries also appear the same beyond the battery capacity and the fact that one has BT.

While I haven't actually tried yet, I would hazard a guess that they are fully interchangeable.

Can confirm the input and output cables are the same :)

Thank you!

Wondering, are the cables identical? I noted that the ivolt battery is rated at MAX 9A, whereas the Cellink Neo has MAX amp rating is 13A.

Both cables require a 20A fuse. I'm tempted to buy a Cellink Neo, but having just had a short circuit problem a couple months back, which cost be $2k+ to repair, I'm understandably a bit nervous!

We've used both cables interchangeable with the Neo and IVOLT and haven't come across any issues!

Hello.

What if i just would order the Cellink without to own the BAB?
Are there all wires and functions compatible to the U1000 whithout any restrictions?

Thank you.

Exact same cables, everything, yes.

Thank you!

Wondering, are the cables identical? I noted that the ivolt battery is rated at MAX 9A, whereas the Cellink Neo has MAX amp rating is 13A.

Both cables require a 20A fuse. I'm tempted to buy a Cellink Neo, but having just had a short circuit problem a couple months back, which cost be $2k+ to repair, I'm understandably a bit nervous!
Sorry for bringing this up, but did you end up switching to the Celllink Neo? I'm having similar thoughts. Already installed the iVolt and I do not want to reroute all the wiring..

EDIT: Nvm, I tried it myself, and the Neo works great with the iVolt's supplied cables. I'm still getting 9A for the Neo.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
niko Thinkware Other 19
Back