jack knifed semi in icy driving conditions

Zandt

Reaction score
Country
United States
This could have been bad if it was a two lane highway. Thanks for barriers in icy driving conditions :)

Yes and quite a bit of it.

I think he watched X games the night before, and desided to try a rail grind :D

I wonder why they never continued improving 75 to keep extending I-45... I hate that section just south of dallas where it's elevated and the expansion joints are set on a diagonal... i almost get sea-sick on it.

Cant be worse then the road they got running along some of the atlantic coast in Norway.

farligste-vej-610x407.jpg

the thing about the section of road i was talking about isn't that it curves back and forth... it's perfectly straight. the problem is, it's not flat. it SHOULD be, and was probably intended to be flat, but the expansion joints are sunken and they cross the road diagonally, so as you drive over it, it's like being jolted around in a rocking boat, especially if your car has stiff suspension.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.738786,-96.766493&num=1&t=h&z=20

follow the road north and you can kind of see what i mean. you can't see the elevation changes of the pavement even in street view, but it's very annoying to drive on.

Aaa the usioal build by the cheapest bidder for the contract.

When we build stuff here it is normally okay in that sence, but its dead certain that the projekt will go over time, and be a lot more expensive than planned for.

Another reason why US should keep expanding railroad network to at least slightly decrease the amount of such commercial trucks on public highways ;-)

Back