Jeep CJ7 dashcam

aside from the physical attributes what are you looking for, features, performance, budget???

Not so much WIFI. GPS a plus.100-150 Needs to take heat. Don"t care for the ons that go on rear view mirrors

On a Jeep TJ (same flat windscreen) I use a mobius+ suction cup. But no wifi....

"Taking heat" restricts you to super-cap powered cams of which there are some good ones made. One thing which no cam is good with is exposure to direct intense sunlight which will overheat them. That might restrict your 'top down' usage but with a roof in place you should find something suitable. When caps are used, the original Mobius handles heat well though it's now showing it's age compared to cams using newer technology. In daytime it's still a very usable cam :D It's definitely worth your looking into.

Phil

Compared to a "modern" car, jeeps with their "vertical" glass(es) and smaller windscreen don't become as hot as regular cars....

A118C2 might be a good choice, small and adhesive mount won't get bumped off the window. The A119/A119S aren't a lot more and offer better video quality but they are a bit bigger as well.

A118C2 might be a good choice, small and adhesive mount won't get bumped off the window. The A119/A119S aren't a lot more and offer better video quality but they are a bit bigger as well.

The lens module would need to be angled about 85 degrees from the mount for the nearly vertical windshield on most of the Jeeps- can these go that far?

Phil

I want to thank everybody for the input i'm getting, I don't have e dash pad on my 79, is there any cams that mount on the bottom of the windshield.

The lens module would need to be angled about 85 degrees from the mount for the nearly vertical windshield on most of the Jeeps- can these go that far?

Phil

Measuring it with a protractor, it looks to be about 70° - 80° at the highest setting, might be ok for a 60% road, 40% sky split

Ir's generally best to mount at the top of the windshield- otherwise your cam won't 'see' what the hood obscures up close which can be important. I don't think the 'wedge' cams recommended above will work here as more than about a 5 degree downward angle at the lens will give a similar view problem. That would need careful checking to verify as 80 degrees might work, but I'm pretty sure that a 70 degree angle won't.

Phil

Back