Jumpy video!

Zuri Dar

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I received new SJ5000+ cam 2 weeks ago and I use it on my helmet while riding my mountain bike. I am satisfied with the quality of the video at 1920 X 1080 60fps when the camera is static or when I ride "clean" trails with no bumps. But on bumpy trails the video become jumpy, kind of "nervous", and cause headache.

I repalced my microSD card to Sandisk Extreme class 10 (speed of 90 MBs) and video is still annoying.

Any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks,

Z

No, as far as I know the gyro included at the 5000X.

With sticker mount (see photo).
My friend use GOPRO Session with on 720 60fps and the video is well stabilized. Do you think that's the solution?

Attachments

• MOUNT.jpg
    MOUNT.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, I'll check this option, but I think the chest POV is even more jumpy.

Thanks, I'll check this option, but I think the chest POV is even more jumpy.
Do you mind sharing your video? So we could analyze the 'jumpy'ness in the video.
And I agree with @jokiin , using chest mount or wrist mount is better in minimizing jitter and sudden movement.

Here is an example.

So far the least jumpy video ive made is on the bars with any camera, still fighting with chest mount. But I ride a hard tail. Only so much you can do because your body is shaking, even with stabilization. If its shaking/jumping too bad on on your helmet, your helmet may be too loose on your head with the added camera weight.

Ive found stabilization edits in some software/youtube helps too.

There's alot you can do to help but even the best cameras have issues with it unless you ride full suspension and are a good/smooth rider, combined with having solid mounting set up dialed in.

Back