Just bought A119

WyoGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I just bought an A119 and installed it today. I have the GPS mount and the regular mount, plan to the GPS mount in the vehicle I drive the most and the regular mount in the truck. I shot a video this afternoon with the regular mount installed in the pickup. Driving away from the sun the video looks nice, except for the circular shape at the bottom. When I turned and was traveling south at an angle to the sun, the glare was pretty serious. What, if anything, can I do to correct this?

Please forgive the radio, I turned the mic off when I set up the camera but must have hit the button when installing it. The sun comes into frame around the 1:50 mark.

Last edited:
Thanks! Hopefully it will be available sooner rather than later. I need to clean the windshield as well, that may help. I've also been reading about dash mats, but I don't know how much good that would do for sun glare.

The CPL might help a little with the circle at the bottom which is your reflected dash. It is unlikely to improve things when you head towards the sun (polarising filters work best at 90 degrees to the sunlight), in fact it might even make things worse as there will be another layer of 'glass' to cause reflections and flares. Remember that the CPL will also cut down the amount of light, so unless you remove it for low light it will actually make performance worse in many conditions. I don't think it is really the answer that many people are hoping!

Looking at your footage, I would say that is not unusual looking towards the sun and would be an issue with almost any camera, it isn't something specific to the A119.

The CPL might help a little with the circle at the bottom which is your reflected dash. It is unlikely to improve things when you head towards the sun (polarising filters work best at 90 degrees to the sunlight), in fact it might even make things worse as there will be another layer of 'glass' to cause reflections and flares. Remember that the CPL will also cut down the amount of light, so unless you remove it for low light it will actually make performance worse in many conditions. I don't think it is really the answer that many people are hoping!

Looking at your footage, I would say that is not unusual looking towards the sun and would be an issue with almost any camera, it isn't something specific to the A119.

CPL???

Is it only me who doesn't have one? Didn't know they'd been released for sale?

I don't think they have been released for sale. I haven't got one on the Dashcam, but I do use polarising filters regularly as a photographer (mainly to cut down reflections from windows!)

perhaps pointing one notch higher would help reduce the reflection/glare?

Back