Just bought 'Oldshark GS8000L' dash cam - couple of issues

johnson293

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased my first dash cam, an 'Oldshark GS8000L' from a seller called 'Oldshark direct', but fulfilled by Amazon.

Nayway, having issues setting the date correctly. It wont change the month to 01 for january - it just keeps reverting to 09. That is unless I set it to 10, 11 or 12... anything else, it just saves as 09.

We even tried to trick it by setting the date as 31/12/2016, and the time as 23:59, thinking it would then roll over onto 01/01/2017. It didn't... what we got was 01/13/2017!!! It actually set a 13th month!

This of course could be an issue if I have an accident/incident that relies on an accurate time/date.

Also, the unit has 4 LED's on the front around the lens, but they don't come n, even in low light with the IR switched on, and there is nothing in the menus for them.

I have read elsewhere that firmware may be available, and I have messaged the seller through Amazon for an answer to these issues, but if they don't reply or cannot fix it, I will be returning it to them (have until 19th Feb to return it).

Current firmware version is: DVR-400TA 20160922, if that means anything to anyone.

Other than that, the unit itself seems ok. Best video is 1080 HD setting (highest), as the next lowest was quite 'grainy' during daytime filming.

But, if I cannot get the date issue sorted and the LED's working, I may end up sending it back.

Cheers for any advice offered.

On mine I had it displaying mm/dd/yy and only could change the year. I set the date format to yy/mm/dd then I was able to change the date. UGH, I just realized it still only saves the month as September.
firmware dvr-400ta-20160905

Last edited:
Back