Just installed a N5 in my car

I do not have any 512 GB cards to test with, so not sure what to say here.

In general i can say that the kingston cards seem to work in a lot of dashcams, but the canvas go are one of my newer cards so haven't run it in very many cameras so far.
As they are in the cheaper end a kingston might very well be the first 512 GB card i pick up.

I have been using the SanDisk Max Endurance 256 gb with zero issues and it is only slightly more expensive than the Kingston GO Plus at 512 gb. The Kingston have
a slightly better read/write spec and must be formatted exFat. I will get the Kingston GO! Plus in 512 gb from the Kingston site to avoid clones.

Will let you know if I have any issues with the card.

pricerunner on cheap 512 GB cards here, price / pris in DKkr is 20.7 to 53.3 USD in the picture.

I only have the high endurance card from sandisk in 256GB, never gotten around to getting the MAX one
I am contemplating getting the kingston react in 256GB , even if it is a very old card, or at least the series is, the react was one of the first 64GB cards i got, and back then it cost more than the 512 GB version do today.
Mind you a dashcam also killed it fast, and also the PNY i also got back then,. but both was replaced and i still have the react card, the PNY one died again but at least i got a OK service life out of the replacement, but almost died the first time before i got to fill them just 1 time.
But that was something like 10 years ago.

512GB.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the Kingston Canvas GO! Plus 512gb from Kingston and their sale price, today, was USD 48.99 or KR 343.02. The Kingston site on Amazon ( US ) has the card for
52 USD as I recall, and, the MSRP is around USD 75.

I prefer to buy memory from the manufacturer ( SANDISK, WD, Kingston ) or from their Amazon store as this keeps me clear of the clones. I tend to wait until there are sales or
I do a price hunt as you have shown in your graphic.

I of course only look at local stores, or actually some time a German shore also sneak in somehow, i have also gotten cards via Official and even unofficial sores on Amazon Germany ( Denmark too small potatoes to have a Amazon )
The 64GB PNY i had that died ultra fast was from a not official store, but the replacement card did come directly from PNY them self ( EU office )

But i prefer B&M stores i have to say, and even if Denmark have a top 5 worldwide sales tax ASO, then often its not much to be saved anyway going to another country ( EU or not ) with your purchase.

I only have the high endurance card from sandisk in 256GB, never gotten around to getting the MAX one
i have had bad experience with 2 sandisk MAX Endurance. stick with high endurance.

The 256GB one i have + the 256GB WD purple, i got those from Jokiin

Call me paranoid but I'd be hesitant to trust anything that comes out of Western Digitals factories considering the issues they've had with the SanDisk SSDs. Hopefully they're on a different production line though ..

WD also buying kioxia now.

WD also buying kioxia now.
Part of me just wonders if it's better to replace microSD cards with new ones every couple of years, regardless if the cards have been used a lot or not

Literally have two many microSD cards floating around my house with devices

I was looking close at some footage from the N5 front camera today, there seen to be missing frames in there, at least oncoming cars seem to make larger " jumps " forward now and then as i browsed 1 frame at the time in my editing software.

I was looking close at some footage from the N5 front camera today, there seen to be missing frames in there, at least oncoming cars seem to make larger " jumps " forward now and then as i browsed 1 frame at the time in my editing software.
I reported that N5 problem to Vantrue back on 26-May-2023. There hasn't been a firmware update for the N5 that resolves that problem.

Here's my post on that issue. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/vantrue-n5-4ch-dash-camera-test-review-rcg.48930/post-594327

Eep I thought they were pretty on the ball with the firmware updates coming thru

I thought I had noticed the same with my S1-Pro so just checked. It's very consistent that a few frames are missing/skipped in the first few seconds of every file, both front and rear cameras.

I dont think its just at the start of a file here, but i will be replacing the memory card in the N5 today so have at the very least 256 GB of evidence to look at.

I dont think its just at the start of a file here, but i will be replacing the memory card in the N5 today so have at the very least 256 GB of evidence to look at.
In checking some files after posting my last comment that might be the case for me as well, it's just more noticeable at the beginning of the file. I'll also be switching cards today to see if that might be the cause.

Videos to follow in the S1-Pro possibly later today depending on how ambitious I get.

I'll also be switching cards today to see if that might be the cause.
Switched to a Samsung U3 card (tested at 73MB/s write speed) and nothing changed. Watching the camera screen I can see the 'stuttering' in real time so I'm pretty sure it's not a card issue.

I am wondering if changing to lesser channels make a change.

I am wondering if changing to lesser channels make a change.
I thought the same thing so as part of my testing I unplugged the rear camera - it made no difference, the 'stuttering' was still there. Also my SGGCX2Pro which is mounted 2 inches away had no issues at all.

Back