Just ordered a Viofo A119 v3

ursamajor

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A129+, LS650W, GoClever DVR Extreme Gold
Camera is again "in stock" after a couple of "out of stock" days. I ordered camera, plus GPS and CPL filter. I hope it's a good choice. Probably the day after tomorrow I'll have it. I hope that my story will not have an unhappy final, like 70mai Pro. :D
But I already miss ADAS and voice control of 70mai. Still, I preffer a better image quality... that's why I made these decisions.

Last edited:
Preamble...

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_173830.jpg
    IMG_20201216_173830.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: gse
Guys, I tested a little bit the camera, but the sound recorded is very, very low. Here, in the video, I talk right in the microphone, but the sound is very low, even limited, I think. It is normal? Should I return it?

I returned it.
I noticed that no reply was given. Is this a so sensitive subject? A Viofo defective from the factory, new import as the reseller said? Is this a help forum for dashcam users or it's a forum supervised by manufacturers and we have fear not to embarrass/upset them?

You're not the first to report a sound problem. Maybe a dodgy batch ?

Not familiar with this model, but the MIC in the A139 i test are working fine.
And i cant say i can remember talks about the viofo having bad microphones / audio.
But anyone can make a dud now and then, the "problem" is how they deal with this.

You're not the first to report a sound problem.
By sound problem I understand a camera who have a low sound, but it can still be used. But in my case, the camera it's unusable, from my point of view. I talked very loud close to the microphone and the sound is almost absent (see/hear the clip above). No way to capture ambient sounds and my TV almost screamed in the background.

Here is one sound issue post I found, in this thread:

Thank you for the link. I read but I think my problem was different. The volume of recording is extremely low and doesn't fluctuate with ambient sounds, like people said on that thread. Like I said, TV screamed in background and nothing from that is recorded.

I would be verry happy to have sound at list like in videos below:

Thank you for the link. I read but I think my problem was different. The volume of recording is extremely low and doesn't fluctuate with ambient sounds, like people said on that thread. Like I said, TV screamed in background and nothing from that is recorded.
Did you try it in the car?

I've noticed a similar issue on another camera using a similar processor, volume was very low in my living room, but it was very good in the car!

volume was very low in my living room, but it was very good in the car!
Allow me to doubt this.
I think I already explained very clear: I spoke LOUDLY, CLOSE and directly IN THE MICROPHONE of the camera. Human voice should be very good recorded in all conditions. Just listen my video and see if that happened.

Last edited:
Allow me to doubt this.
I think I already explained very clear: I spoke LOUDLY, CLOSE and directly IN THE MICROPHONE of the camera. Human voice should be very good recorded in all conditions. Just listen my video and see if that happened.
Yes, I did listen to your video, however I don't know what it should have sounded like, so it is hard to judge. I understand you doubting it, but I was surprised too, and yes mine also failed to record the TV. (Not a Viofo camera, but similar processor.)

So I assume you didn't try it in the car?
Hopefully the replacement will work as expected, but if not then do try it in the car, maybe just temporarily mounted, it appears to me that there may be an issue with the processor used.

Maybe a fragment from a RAW file will convince you that I'm not telling bullshhhht... Hear the normal talking voice of my wife (be aware that the TV almost screamed in background). Then look at the analysis of the sound file in Audacity, then the sound amplified with the Normalize filter, but it will amplify also the noise... I understand that this camera can have problems with sound, but this, I think, it's defective. ;)

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Maybe a fragment from a RAW file will convince you that I'm not telling bullshhhht... Hear the normal talking voice of my wife (be aare that the TV almost screamed in background). Then look at the analysis of the sound file in Audacity, then the sound amplified with the Normalize filter, but it will amplify also the noise... I understand that this camera can have problems with sound, but this, I think, it's defective. ;)

Yeah that definitely seems wrong. With my A119 V1 I can hear sound. There does seem to be some sort of noise reduction filter being applied because when the camera is "vibrating" on the mount occasionally I get a buzzing/crackling that seems to be getting cut, and also when I'm driving fast things get kind of "wobbly" and hollow sounding and quiet but the engine noise is not too present.

Maybe in a recent batch or firmware update the noise filter is being misapplied and removing all sound?

I'm still running firmware 2 and my sound is 'as expected' by me:

RAW file here:

>> Krem Sample <<

My audio is not on mega loud, the dashcam just picks it up quite well.

Your audio is how it should be. ;)
Now you understood what I meant...

Maybe in a recent batch or firmware update the noise filter is being misapplied and removing all sound?
That wouldn't be a problem, but I was afraid of a hardware problem ... and since it's a new product, I preferred to send it back.

I wonder what has happened to recent V3 units.

We seem to have sound and flickering issues. What's changed ...... only Viofo know

Maybe they want to make a v3 ultra low cost, to maximize their profits. :eek:

Back