Just ordered the U1000, quick question on resolution

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any one using the U1000 in down scale mode? Front cam at 2K instead of 4K and rear at 1080 instead of 2K. Wondering if it records better since it's using 60 Fps. Can't seem to find any videos showing this.

Also, does it run cooler?
Does it run longer on battery when in parking mode?

Any one using the U1000 in down scale mode? Front cam at 2K instead of 4K and rear at 1080 instead of 2K. Wondering if it records better since it's using 60 Fps. Can't seem to find any videos showing this.

Also, does it run cooler?
Does it run longer on battery when in parking mode?
I can only answer partly.

a. I use it in 4k front and 2k rear.
b. Mine never runs hot.
c. I have the radar module. It is cheap enough, so, in my opinion, the way to go.
d. Using the radar module it is in energy-saving mode, so does not use very much power. I have set the voltage level to what makes sense for my BMW X1 (forgotten what it is) and it just carries on. Sorry, I cannot be more specific because of the lockdown and not looked.

I can only answer partly.

a. I use it in 4k front and 2k rear.
b. Mine never runs hot.
c. I have the radar module. It is cheap enough, so, in my opinion, the way to go.
d. Using the radar module it is in energy-saving mode, so does not use very much power. I have set the voltage level to what makes sense for my BMW X1 (forgotten what it is) and it just carries on. Sorry, I cannot be more specific because of the lockdown and not looked.
I decided not to go with the radar since it only works when impact is detect. I wanted to get vandalism if that ever occurred when parked away from my home.

Does parking mode also utilize the rear camera or is only active for the front. I never see videos about that, they always test the front in parking mode never the rear.

I decided not to go with the radar since it only works when impact is detect. I wanted to get vandalism if that ever occurred when parked away from my home.

Does parking mode also utilize the rear camera or is only active for the front. I never see videos about that, they always test the front in parking mode never the rear.
plus radar only works for the front right?

I think one is better off with a big battery pack.

Yes Radar just covers the front so ideally you need to try and park as best as possible to protect the rear. Reverse up to a wall / barrier if possible.

plus radar only works for the front right?

I think one is better off with a big battery pack.
I did pick up the BI-750, but still not big enough. Might look into install an AGM in the trunk, just not sure how I would wire it.

Well the normal battery is roughly $300 and then adding the extended or expansion battery is another $300. Those two are already more than the Cellink Pro and they still have a lower capacity. I think it would be worth it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 11
T U1000 3
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
Back