K1S Koonlung - power problems

station6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help or advise on a problem with my K1S.
I've had it a couple of years now, but over the last 6 months or so I've found that when I connect it to a power source it starts up then straight away shuts down.

Just on battery alone it will run for about 25-30 minutes, which isn't too bad as it just about covers my commute.

I've tried a new batteries as a process of elimination.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this (even on other dash cams) and know of a solution. Ideally I'd like try and get it fixed as it wasn't the cheapest of purchases. I've got a local electronics repair company I could ask but would be great to go in with some sort of idea what I'd be asking to repair.

Any help or questions would be greatly appreciated.

what power source are you connecting it to? the Car 12v?

When a dashcam switches on it's designed to shut off if it loses power, as if the engine's been switched off, so it could be there's a fault with the 12v port cutting power, thus telling the cam to shut off?

The battery is charging via the car power source, but the same power source won't keep the cam running?

I've had it a couple of years now, but over the last 6 months or so I've found that when I connect it to a power source it starts up then straight away shuts down.
It may be necessary to check the parking mode and turn it off if it is on?

Thanks for the response.

I found that it's the USB port that is at fault. There's another on the other side of the unit that I tried out of curiosity and it stays powered. It doesn't power up when the ignition is turned bit at least I can get full journey recordings again.

Thanks for the input, got me looking in the right place.

Back