KDLinks X1 raw samples

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
This camera seems to be getting a lot of activity on here lately as it's selling really well on Amazon.

It's based around the same base hardware as lots of other dashcams such as the G1W, Mobius, DOD LS430, A118 / B40 / SG9665GM, Z7 and loads more and it records full HD (1920x1080) footage at 12Mbps which is below the 15Mbps mark which a lot of these use. The Mobius is the only one I've personally seen that can go higher at 18Mbps.

Here's a day sample:
https://mega.co.nz/#!hN4UDIwR!DsxJmvhKqMsOfrHNssY84VWhjQHJM8K2h78yYz3zSRs

And here's a night sample:
https://mega.co.nz/#!FBQgHSAJ!LkVFVyk_d7x4FR3E3J0gj77koKuU1f0x3BH4_MnSHko

Personally for that sort of money I'd go straight for the Panorama G / Street Guardian SG12- Eric at KDlinks is doing some great presales work and if that carries over to post sales then you're in good hands, but you'd get just the same service if not even better from the likes of @Pier28 who always responds to emails at the most stupid of hours when he should be asleep :)

The KDLinks isn't the best you can buy for that money as the Sony Exmor and now OmniVision OV4689 cameras are beating it at night but it's far from the worst.

Last edited:
looks ok, pretty much standard for this processor/cmos combo, audio whine is a bit more pronounced than some maybe but otherwise ok

Yeah it's nothing special compared to what the marketing saysbut I guess they're doing a great job there as it's #3 on Amazon right now!

there's more to it than absolute camera results though, if the product is stable, reliable, and they're great at customer service it can still do well, and deservedly so, the greatest video in the world is no use if the camera is flaky and the customer service sucks, probably their main advantage is it's an odd model and some Chinese seller hasn't dragged it down by deciding to sell the same for $69 delivered anywhere in the world with zero aftersales and no QC on the product like what happens with every other model, give them time I guess

I've spotted a few lately like this with the GPS dongle attached to the mount and still connected via an external cable - is that a new trend over in China at the moment or something?

Eric at the customer care end was great so top marks there :)

I have cameras from a few years ago that used the same external dongle attached to the bracket, it's not new, generally a lot more reliable than using a bracket with connector pins and building it into the bracket like a lot do and fail with, getting the GPS away from the camera has advantages, the further the better generally, it's not a bad compromise

I found my old TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver earlier which brought memories back - I guess it adds to the complexities and bill of materials but they were great for placement and no wires anywhere :)

I found my old TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver earlier which brought memories back - I guess it adds to the complexities and bill of materials but they were great for placement and no wires anywhere :)

I've still got an old Bluetooth GPS here also that I used to use with Tom Tom on an old Nokia phone, must be 8 or so years old, worked perfectly

I've got raws of the same camera but rebranded when I reviewed it :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C kdLinks 2
Back