Keeps recording non stop in park mode

StephenE

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just had the DR650GW-2CH installed professionally and while in park mode, it keeps recording non-stop all day and night. Has anyone else had this problem and able to fix it? If it's not a simple fix such as a settings edit, I'Il take it back to the installers

It depends where you're parked. It has motion detection, meaning it records if it detects motion. If you're parked in front of a tree and it's windy and the tree keeps moving, it'll carry on recording all the time.

It depends where you're parked. It has motion detection, meaning it records if it detects motion. If you're parked in front of a tree and it's windy and the tree keeps moving, it'll carry on recording all the time.
Windy is not the factor that keeps the camera running. If.. the tree is growing, that.. is enough to keep the camera running. It is the same technology that NASA uses to measure continental drift and how fast a mountain will grow.

Last edited:
Its not a fault, allegedly, your best shot is to set motion detection to 1 in Parking Mode or turn motion off as even set at 1 its hyper sensitive - loads of threads about this and your options

Thanks for the replies. There is a tree on the left side of the rear camera across the road. I have now set the Parking Mode to 1 and will see how it goes before trying with it off. What's odd, our other car (2010 Toyota Corolla) parked next to it with the same camera purchased last year works perfectly and turns itself off when parked. I had the new camera set with the same settings.

The new car (2012 GM Holden Cruze SRi-V) has a small red flashing light from the car alarm in the centre and on top of the dash and against the window. Could this light flashing keep the recording on when parked?

Thanks. I just did a test by swapping the DR650GW-2CH around on each car. The Cruze recording stays on continuously while parked and the newer Dash Cam now in the Corolla stops recording. So looks like the alarm flashing light is the culprit.

Now to figure out if there is a way to solve the flashing light setting the off the park recording.

I'm going to contact Holden tomorrow to find out if it is just a light to show its "on" or if it is also an infra-red to see if the inside has been disturbed such as smashed glass

Don't forget you can either enable or disable Parking Mode

Ok totally new to this. Have a DR650GW-2CH 128gig up and working fine, firmware v2.00 (out of box), using cloud as I have 4g in my car, GPS somewhat patchy. But being somewhat dim here, I would like the parking mode to only record an event, not continuous as it is, I have motion disabled. Am I missing something totally basic?

Back