Killing the Glare

To be effective you'd have to do the entire windshield. That would work as tint. Which is illegal in most States without a prescription. Plus those films are only available up to 17" wide so you'd have a seam... no thanks.

That's what i thought you meant when you linked to a site selling films. I plan to get a cheap pl filter off eBay asks experiment with attaching that to the camera.

I had actually searched on eBay too and found small 4" squares for around $10. Then I found this website and found how much more you can get for not much more money. My thought was just to get a small piece to insert in front of the lens. At that price from their website, there'd be a lot more left over than with the 4"x4" piece from eBay.

I'm also trying figure out the difference between the LCD, standard & educational films. Not sure if the LCD would work for us dash cam folks or if it's specially designed for LCDs and wouldn't work for videography. Dunno.... ??

I'm also trying figure out the difference between the LCD, standard & educational films. Not sure if the LCD would work for us dash cam folks or if it's specially designed for LCDs and wouldn't work for videography. Dunno.... ??
I think you would have a problem with the anti-glare coating, it probably has a matt finish designed to emit light, not to receive it, it may stop the lens being able to focus the light properly...

Mine are wide angle enough that it not only picks up the hood/bonnet of my vehicles, they pick up the dash too. So if i were to get something to put on the glass, it would have to cover the whole windshield. I'd much rather put something small directly on the lens, just like putting on sunglasses.

A really cheap solution to removing the glare or reflection would be to put a black cloth on the dash

And when you see how effective this is you may want to consider buying a proper dashboard cover.

Yes a dash mat would be better looking

I would be scrapping my car soon (Singapore cars can only be driven max 10-15 years)so I am just putting a black cloth for the last few years of my car's life:(

Hi. I spray the top of my dash with a matt cleaning spray. It took the shine and reflection down alot. But I was using my old smartphone as my cam.

i cut a 10mm square bit of the linear polarising film and fitted it infromt of the lens...

the result is no reflection, but there is a price to pay..

It softens the image so much number plates become very hit and miss and it wasnt a price i was prepared to pay;

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A118 (B40) 39