Koonlung Angel Eye N2/N2G

Has been a public holiday the last few days in China, tomorrow is probably the soonest you'd hear from them

Well, since the end of the public holidays in China, I've emailed them and left messages on their helpline twice (a total of 3 messages).

Several days on, and I've had no response whatever and therefore will never recommend anyone to buy their products... in fact I will take every opportunity to discourage others from buying!!

They've lost a potential sale of their new dashcam from me and I'm sure others will read this post. There you are then... this post is the start of my campaign against KoonLung cameras. When will Chinese manufacturers wake up to the power of aftersales support?

Regards,

FlyingPanMan said:
Well, since the end of the public holidays in China, I've emailed them and left messages on their helpline twice (a total of 3 messages).

Several days on, and I've had no response whatever and therefore will never recommend anyone to buy their products... in fact I will take every opportunity to discourage others from buying!!

They've lost a potential sale of their new dashcam from me and I'm sure others will read this post. There you are then... this post is the start of my campaign against KoonLung cameras. When will Chinese manufacturers wake up to the power of aftersales support?

Regards,

all their English speaking staff were in Hong Kong last week for trade shows so probably not much chance of follow up while that's happening

where did you purchase it from, a factory would rarely liaise with an end user of a product about firmware or hardware issues etc

Hi , They have an Instant Messaging chat/help line on their manufacturer's web site. If no-one is there to talk to, it automatically leaves a message from which they can respond later. They now have two messages via that chat line and one normal email from me. I've heard nothing - not even an automatic reply.

I bought the split type mini hd dvr from an ebay vendor that the Techmoan site recommends.

Regards,
FPM

FlyingPanMan said:
I bought the split type mini hd dvr from an ebay vendor that the Techmoan site recommends.

Regards,
FPM

realistically you need to be chasing the vendor, like I mentioned factories would rarely if ever talk directly with an end user about a problem, your impending purchase means nothing to them, that eBay seller buying more stock (or not) may have far more relevance to them though

my own experience with this factory is that their hardware is decent mid level spec but their firmware needs a lot of development still

Hi Jokiin,

Okay, I'll give the vendor a try but I don't hold much hope. It's not that the camera isn't working, in good daylight it's a great picture but it just doesn't do the white balance settings that I put in the menu. It's no good at all in artificial light usually, but then very occasionally it works as it should?!?

I agree the hardware seems good quality but, as you say, the firmware lets it down. As they have support pages on their web site, I just hoped there would be a firmware update.

Thanks for your interest,
FPM

there's certainly no harm in trying the manufacturer, end user support is not something that typically happens but you never know, I think if they have an update already they'd give it to you, getting the vendor to push on your behalf is still something I would try in the mean time though

Back